cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehabilitation (Expected credit score increase?)

tag
glory1

Re: Student Loan Rehabilitation (Expected credit score increase?)

Rehab will save your credit it will take 9 months of payments my loan way picked up in 3 days my credit was restored within 2 months. I made sure all debts were paid on time. Rehab works but its only 1 chance. SL was the only defaults I was dealing with. I am a home owner now and that's after 9 payments of rehab & low debt utilization. Call US Dept of ED it will save your life and no one will ever know your loans were rehab because it will report from the original date of your loan and that can go back to several years when your loan was open. Your worst credit history will turn into your greatest ASSET. Good luck to you. I am very happy there are programs like this because you credit will not be ruined forever take the opportunity its there to help you.
Starting Score:534
Current Score:700
Goal Score:760
Message 51 of 101
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

To all the people worried about Van Ru, I finished my rehab with them on August 25th and it was a great experience. I have yet to see any tradelines move to positive but it hasn't even been 30 days yet. My loan was picked up out of deferment about 5 days after my last payment by Great Lakes. I only have about 12 payments left and it will be completely paid off.
I was actually due to pay it off before my rehab ended and this is part of why I like Van Ru. They stopped my garnishment at the end of July so that I could finish the rehab. My last payment was due at the end of September but they contacted me and we set up a payment 5 days before my August due date which made the one on the 25th my last payment and allowed me to finish my rehab. I was actually pretty worried I'd pay it off and not finish so I was trying not to work any overtime but still had to because work is so busy. I thought about calling tnem but was trying to keep an eye on it. I figured I'd let it go another few weeks but they took the initiative and set it up so I could finish when they could have screwed me over.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 52 of 101
Gracie_217
Valued Member

Anybody have experience with dept of Education. Rehab done have new servicer. I have 5000.00 balance and this is the only deg account on my report. They said they just reported to bureaus a few days ago. Wondering if I will see a signifigant increase in the next 30 days. This is the last step to get a home

Message 53 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a 74 point increase on EX still waiting on EQ to update. My loan was only on EX and EQ so my TU was not affected. I am not sure what will happen once Navient reports. 

Message 54 of 101
Gracie_217
Valued Member

Mine were only reporting equifax and exp. TU already report new account with Navient have not even made a payment yet. Was that the only deg thing on your report?

Message 55 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that was the only negative thing in my file. My loans were removed from my TU in 2013 so I already had a great TU score. But I am sure since Navient will be a new line it will definitely be added to all 3. I only see my score  has gone up 74 points on the one bureau. I am still waiting for the other to change. 

Message 56 of 101
Gracie_217
Valued Member

How long after did you see the increase? 

Message 57 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way quicker than expected. It was only about 3-4 weeks altogether. I paid 9th payment on 11/19 on 12/4 I received email from Navient that they would be servicing my loan and on 12/12 either EQ or EX went up 74 points and on 12/17 the other went up about 59 points I believe. I'm not sure what will happen when the Navient loan hits. I did the score stimulator and based on the amount of my loan I doubt it will change.

Message 58 of 101
Gracie_217
Valued Member

Maybe I'm not getting an increase. Thought i would get a littele bump since that was the only thing dragging me down. My last payment was 11/07. 11/15 Navient picked up. 12/15 DOE said they just reported to bureaus. 12/22 made my first Navient payment.  The old one show closed just no increase. 

Guess I'll have to wait and see if anything happens in January

Message 59 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I do think I was told either 30-45 or 30-60 days. I guess I just got lucky. Hopefully you see a change next month.

Message 60 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.