Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Tradelines on Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Tradelines on Equifax

I know have read something on here about student loan tradelines being deleted after rehab, but not all CRAs deleting.  I have successfully gotten EX and TU to delete my old tradelines by disputing the fact that negative remarks are not supposed to be reported and they deleted the whole tradeline. I am currently waiting for the results of my dispute with EQ.  When I look at my reports now, I see the dispute under investigation comments and now all of my loans say "pays as agreed" but the lates show.  I understand that this is all that HAS to be done with the tradelines after rehab, but is there anything else I can do to get them deleted since the other two bureaus have deleted them?  Is it ultimately up to the CRA  or the loan servicer to decide how they are reported?  I just don't understand why 2 out of 3 CRAs would delete and the other wouldn't.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Tradelines on Equifax

I have the results from my dispute with Experian and am more confused than I was before!  All of the comments were updated to "Pays as agreed", which is fine, but the results page is very confusing to read.  Some of the disuputes have this as a comment:  "The explanation previously attached to this account has been deleted. The prior paying history has been deleted from this account. ", while others only have the comment about the explanation being deleted and others only have the comment about the payment history being deleted.  I don't see the payment history deleted though.  And the kicker is, these are the original "incarnation" of my loans/lates before they were sold to the second servicer, which is who I actually defaulted with.  My understanding is the lates leading up to the default are the only ones that are allowed to remain and all other late payments are to be deleted, or does this not apply because they are separate tradelines?  I did another dispute today with the same exact comments that I did with the other two CRAs who deleted my loans.  

On a different, yet related note, I have also tried to delete an old address with Equifax 5 times, and every time it comes back saying it is deleted, but it hasn't actually been deleted.  I'm afraid the same type of thing is going to happen with my student loans... 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.