Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Updated Status

tag
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student Loan Updated Status

@roxy72wrote:

No my loans are not in rehab.  I was told that they will no longer be reporting the late payments.

I'm not aware of any program that removes late payments from federal students loan accounts - I don't think it's possible to get the lates removed (other than waiting for the 7 years since they occurred). If you figure it out and it does indeed exist, please update because I have a number of lates I'd like taken off, too. 😅

From what I understand, loan rehab removes default status but does not remove lates.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 11 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Some federal student loans are subjected to the normal credit report exclusion of delinquencies at 7 years, while others are exempted from the credit report exclusion provisions of the FCRA until the loan is paid.

What are the specifics of your federal student loan (FFEL, Stafford, Perkins, etc)?

Message 12 of 13
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEGwrote:

Some federal student loans are subjected to the normal credit report exclusion of delinquencies at 7 years, while others are exempted from the credit report exclusion provisions of the FCRA until the loan is paid.

Just to confirm my understanding lates are excluded as follows, yes?

Stafford - excluded once the delinquency is 7 years old

Perkins - excluded once the loan is paid or once the delinquency is 7 years old, whichever is later

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.