cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan on CR from 5 Different Companies!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan on CR from 5 Different Companies!!

First time post...so please bare with.  I had one student loan that has been transferred several times for nonpayment.  I have now PIF.  First question is each company is NOT the OC, can I dispute the time they said they had the account? Each entry 5 total overlap in time, each showing the late pays.  I'm trying to remove the derogatory marks on my CR's.  Ultimately trying to join the 700 Club.  I've written GW letters and enclosed a copy of the PIF statement.  Is this the right approach? Trying to get a new car loan.

Dec 16:

EQ 619  TU 640 EX 638

3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Student Loan on CR from 5 Different Companies!!

@Anonymous wrote:

First time post...so please bare with.  I had one student loan that has been transferred several times for nonpayment.  I have now PIF.  First question is each company is NOT the OC, can I dispute the time they said they had the account? Each entry 5 total overlap in time, each showing the late pays.  I'm trying to remove the derogatory marks on my CR's.  Ultimately trying to join the 700 Club.  I've written GW letters and enclosed a copy of the PIF statement.  Is this the right approach? Trying to get a new car loan.

Dec 16:

EQ 619  TU 640 EX 638

In reality 5 companies cannot be reporting the same late only one can, when a loan is transferred its customary for the selling creditor to delete their reporting. I would challenge the entry based on that with a direct dispute to the creditor and use the GW on the last owner of the account.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You so much gdale6!! I am working on that now.  Will provide an update! 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: The OC of my Student loan transfered it 5 times.  Each of the transfers had different sets of dates in which they serviced the loan, some even overlapping.

EX reported the most with payments being on time. I have 4 of the 5 companies left on my TU CR, being one I got deleted by EE.

Should I dispute the 3 being that payments where made to one but not reporting to the other?  At this point I don't see how a  GW letter will help the OC being that I was already party of a loan forgivness program and defaulted, but account is now paid off with one time payments for the last 2 years?

Really just trying to clean up this mess!! 

Smiley Frustrated

Feb17

EQ 640 TU 651 EX 641

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.