Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan rehab question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loan rehab question

I rehabbed and consolidated my student loans last year. My credit report shows both of the closed accounts still as negatives, which from what I've read- that's normal. One of the accounts still shows as a 120 day late though and from what I understood, rehabbing them should have taken off my lates? Is that incorrect?

Also- the last reporting date on one shows at March 2017 and I rehabbed/consolidated last year, so should it still be reporting?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student loan rehab question

@Anonymous wrote:

I rehabbed and consolidated my student loans last year. My credit report shows both of the closed accounts still as negatives, which from what I've read- that's normal. One of the accounts still shows as a 120 day late though and from what I understood, rehabbing them should have taken off my lates? Is that incorrect?

Also- the last reporting date on one shows at March 2017 and I rehabbed/consolidated last year, so should it still be reporting?

Consolidation is not a rehab - did you make the full 9 month payments based on 15% of your discretionary income? If not, then the default and lateness all remain.

If you did a true rehabiliation, the collection accounts should have been removed and the accounts restored to a good standing removing any record that they have been defaulted and "paying as agreed" as the status. No lates prior or after the default are removed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.