Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loan

What do student loan perm assign to government means on student loan?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student loan

Where did you see this?? What type of loans, are they federal, and are they in repayment?
Message 2 of 5
calyx
Super Contributor

Like Sabii says, we need more information.

It sounds like this loan may have been defaulted - have you been paying your loans, do you have any lates (especially >120 or 150d)?

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Defaulted. But paying a monthly payment ever month. Yes federal. Already consolidates and did rehab.
Message 4 of 5
calyx
Super Contributor

Assigned to the government means that when you defaulted on that loan, the debt was sent back to the government by the loan agency, aand then it was assigned it to one of the govt's guarantors/collection agencies to attempt to get the money back.

You would have completed your rehabilitation with that CA, and then either it was sent back to the original servicer or you were assigned to another.   When you consolidated, you should have picked which servicer you wanted (I'm not sure if you rehabbed/consolidated at the same time - I did mine separate and I remember choosing for consolidation but not after my rehab - though it's been a while).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.