Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loans reported missed payment

tag
homebound14
New Contributor

Student loans reported missed payment

Hi, 

I have several student loans. Unfortunately , I missed the message that it was beginning to start repayment, so I now have lost 30 points due to multiple reporting of late payments. Do you think its possible to send a letter, or email the loan processor (navient) and request the negatives be removed. I have qualified for a deferment. 

Thank you for your advice 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Student loans reported missed payment

Sorry to hear about that.

Anything is possible, so I would definitely ask.

I have never written one myself, but there are some good templates online for goodwill letters. Check that out.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@homebound14 wrote:

Hi, 

I have several student loans. Unfortunately , I missed the message that it was beginning to start repayment, so I now have lost 30 points due to multiple reporting of late payments. Do you think its possible to send a letter, or email the loan processor (navient) and request the negatives be removed. I have qualified for a deferment. 

Thank you for your advice 

They generally do not start reporting missed payments until they are 90d late. Even with deferment, they often times will not change the reporting of the lates and SLs are tricky with that. You can always ask, though, and it certainly does not hurt to try!

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Before you ask them about this, check to see if you have any legitimate grounds for disputing the late payment nature of this. For example, given that you just entered repayment, did they mail the notice of when repayment would start, or the billing notice, etc., to the correct address? Think of things like that. They're not going to remove the late payment out of the goodness of their heart, so don't even bother with a goodwill letter. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.