Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student rehab vent

tag
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Student rehab vent

Student loan default small vent

After 9months i finished rehab and loans have been sent to new service provider and they informed me that they reported my updated current status to the credit buero on 2/28. Still no update today i know it csn take a week or so but man its soo nerve wrecking just waiting. Why cant this credit **bleep** happen over night you know. Just update my dam credit report already so i can apply for a mortgage. All the dam technology in the world you think thye would have a system that updates in real time smh...F**kkkkkkkkkk...okay rant over

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student rehab vent

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

Student loan default small vent

After 9months i finished rehab and loans have been sent to new service provider and they informed me that they reported my updated current status to the credit buero on 2/28. Still no update today i know it csn take a week or so but man its soo nerve wrecking just waiting. Why cant this credit **bleep** happen over night you know. Just update my dam credit report already so i can apply for a mortgage. All the dam technology in the world you think thye would have a system that updates in real time smh...F**kkkkkkkkkk...okay rant over

I am not even sure they are updating accounts that finished rehab during the covid deferment.

As I mentioned to you previously, my SO completed rehab a month or 2 prior to you and they still have yet to report his "new" backdated loans. He has 4 that defaulted with FedLoan and rehabbed with US Dept of ED thru FH Cann.

They got transferred to FedLoan after rehab completed. Still nothing on CRs. It has reflected on the NSLD, though. I would be expecting to wait awhile. Not sure there is any way to force it not matter how much you want them to hurry. You were right at the end of Feb, too, when you finished your rehab, so I really think that was too close to the end of the month.

Both me and my SO had FFEL loans through "private" servicers. I have made 2 payments and they have finally popped up on just 1 bureau yesterday - and remember I finished rehab *DECEMBER 1ST*. My SO finished rehab with the same servicer just 2 weeks after me and it has taken MUCH longer to get somewhere with them. He has already made 1 payment about 3 weeks ago, but zero updates on the CRs so far. Maybe after payment number 2.

My best guess would be April or even more likely in May.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far id say you're lucky yours so far has moved pretty fast. i finished rehab 2/25. got my new servicer on 3/2. BUT my student loans on edu website still shows default and hasn't updated to new servicer. I was told they update fridays. So im hoping soon they update it. Ive read on here others have disputed on CRS to get the ball moving faster.  Im personally going to wait atleast 30 days before I dispute if they dont update. I feel like im in a limbo and I hate it. You'd think they would update there website daily.

Message 3 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

My Wife finished her rehab a couple months ago, the new accounts finally showed up in Jan.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So far id say you're lucky yours so far has moved pretty fast. i finished rehab 2/25. got my new servicer on 3/2. BUT my student loans on edu website still shows default and hasn't updated to new servicer. I was told they update fridays. So im hoping soon they update it. Ive read on here others have disputed on CRS to get the ball moving faster.  Im personally going to wait atleast 30 days before I dispute if they dont update. I feel like im in a limbo and I hate it. You'd think they would update there website daily.

I found disputing slowed things down. The changes happened before the disputes were even addressed and then I was hindered from getting new credit reports until the disputes finished...they took almost the whole 30d and a week in to those 30d the changes had taken effect naturally.

Also, disputing items off the CRs are one thing but it does nothing to force the new servicer to report the "new" loans.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I found disputing slowed things down. The changes happened before the disputes were even addressed and then I was hindered from getting new credit reports until the disputes finished...they took almost the whole 30d and a week in to those 30d the changes had taken effect naturally.

Also, disputing items off the CRs are one thing but it does nothing to force the new servicer to report the "new" loans.

I do plan to wait a full 30 days before I dispute anything if I do. I know it wouldnt effect when the new servicer decided to report. I posted a question earlier but nobody has replied. I read ( maybe I got confused) but I read someone had to take there loans out of the covid forbearance before the new servicer started reporting. Ive been trying to find out if this is true. My new servicer auto put my loans in the forbearence.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I do plan to wait a full 30 days before I dispute anything if I do. I know it wouldnt effect when the new servicer decided to report. I posted a question earlier but nobody has replied. I read ( maybe I got confused) but I read someone had to take there loans out of the covid forbearance before the new servicer started reporting. Ive been trying to find out if this is true. My new servicer auto put my loans in the forbearence.

I have been thinking that might be the case. Not totally sure, but that could be true. I am happy with them not reporting yet, as I have boat loads of SLs, as well as my SO, meanong more loans, more debt, more accounts with balances - they can stay off as long as they want lol

I *would* like for at least one set of loans for my SO to report, though, as he has no open/active loans right now, and his AAoA has drastcially dropped, in turn crushing his newly built up scores. So I hope the one set reports soon! These are not on covid forebearance since they are FFELs and my SLs, from the same servicer, have reported.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been thinking that might be the case. Not totally sure, but that could be true. I am happy with them not reporting yet, as I have boat loads of SLs, as well as my SO, meanong more loans, more debt, more accounts with balances - they can stay off as long as they want lol

I *would* like for at least one set of loans for my SO to report, though, as he has no open/active loans right now, and his AAoA has drastcially dropped, in turn crushing his newly built up scores. So I hope the one set reports soon! These are not on covid forebearance since they are FFELs and my SLs, from the same servicer, have reported.

Ill wait it out till the end of May and if nothing come June then ill remove the forbearance and start my new plan and see what happens. I know it can take up to 90 days normally for a new servicer to report. Hopefully your SOs report soon. Mine are Fedloans. It just sucks when you 1st start the rahab they say in 9 months and after youre alset. When really it takes about a year to get everything all said and done. Worth it for the credit clean up though.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ill wait it out till the end of May and if nothing come June then ill remove the forbearance and start my new plan and see what happens. I know it can take up to 90 days normally for a new servicer to report. Hopefully your SOs report soon. Mine are Fedloans. It just sucks when you 1st start the rahab they say in 9 months and after youre alset. When really it takes about a year to get everything all said and done. Worth it for the credit clean up though.

I will keep everyone posted on the timeline!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.