cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

Thank you.
Message 51 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, my loan status changed from Final Approval to Permanent Discharge this evening. Now, just waiting for the status to show zero, however, what a huge relief!!!
Message 52 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s awesome, Congratulations. Yes, I’m still waiting for the paid in full, but getting the Permanent Discharge is truly a blessing.
Message 53 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, just wondering if your Loan Servicer has zeroed out your loans yet? My discharge was approved on the 11th of Jul, and I'm still waiting for them to show Paid in Full. My Loan Servicer is FEDLOAN Servicing. I don't understand why its taking so long to be paid off?

Message 54 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Entering my second week since status changed to Permanent Discharge and still not zeroed out. As soon as it changes I will provide an update.
Message 55 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, and I will do the same.
Message 56 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update...nothing has happened since my approval for Permanent Discharge on 07/03/18.  I will definately post as soon as something changes.  

Message 57 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like an excessively long time for you to wait.
Message 58 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if the write offs for Disability Discharges were halted along wit the Loan Forgiveness Program? I’m just wondering if that’s the reason ours haven’t been written off yet.
Message 59 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the only ones that not being processed are ones where the school defrauded the applicants.  It seems like there is a week or two lagging in the time your online account goes to zero that it actually happens. My records show my loans went to zero on july 16th but the student loan website did not show zero until july 24th. 

Message 60 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.