cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

My Loan Servicer FEDLOAN still shows a balance for my Student Loans, but they aren’t accruing interest. I was approved for Permanent Discharge on 11 Jul, so it’s well past two weeks.
Message 61 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I have some new information to share!

I placed a call to Nelnet TPD processing today, as their website still does not show any changes since my approval for permanent discharge on 07/03/18.  I lucked out and got a knowledgeable representative.  She explained that my loans were noted PIF from Dept of Ed to Nelnet on 07/30/18.  Nelnet did credit my account as PIF on that date, but their TPD website lags in reporting this information.  This should show next week sometime.

As far as credit report updating:   Nelnet routinely sends update information to the bureaus at the end of the month for TPD customers; she confirmed they sent updated PIF information to all three bureaus on 07/31/18 for my loans.  She advised that the bureaus have 30-60 days to update the file.  She stated to call them back if my credit file was not updated at the 60 day mark, and they would dispute the information on my behalf.  

In regards to return of monthly payments: she explained that it would take 30 days for their team to review the payment history in detail.  Once that review has been completed a letter would be mailed with the details of their review.  She apologized that the NSLDS system is down this weekend for maintenance, or she could have given me even more information.  

I hope this information helps those persons in the same boat as myself.  I will definately update again when any further changes occur.  Best of luck to you all!

Message 62 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please keep me updated, I am in the same boat, approved TPD sevice connected 100% on 07/11/2018, nothing has changed I have Fed  loan as servicer also, I would like to know when I will receive the YEARS of payments back, I have been able to got no info from anyone!!! It's frustrating.

Message 63 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I contacted The TPD admin and they advised that they have completed their portion and now it is up to Nelnet and the Department of Education to write off the loans. The TPD sure still shows a balance, however, the Nelnet loan site shows the loans have been paid in full! Pretty awesome feeling. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Message 64 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

When were you service connected at 100%?  I ask because that's how far back they will pay back payments.  I know it's difficult waiting but hoping all happens very soon for you Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

2007 is when I was deemed 100%, so I'm waiting to see when the process actually starts to get the refund, it seems as if my file is just sitting at fed loans, nothing since July. I'm wondering how long does it take?
Message 66 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is nelnet your loan provider?

Message 67 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called FedLoan Servicing yesterday inquiring about my Discharge, and again they told me it’s still processing, and they’re waiting on Federal Student Aid or Department of Education to pay it off. It’s so frustrating.
Message 68 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I’m freaking out. I woke up this morning and FedLoan Servicing had my account in Delinquency 342 days and this is part of their refund process. They go back to Disability date. Has anyone else experienced this? Do they refund then credit account PIF? I’m scared it might affect my credit. I never missed a payment until the account was suspended due to disability Discharge.
Message 69 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, my freak out this morning was for nothing, as my account on FedLoan Servicing says Paid in Full, and is zeroed our. I’m so relieved. Now just waiting on Federal Student Aid website to update.
Message 70 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.