cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

Yes I learned today from FedLoan Servicing, that they two will do separated deposits into my account for each payment I'm due back to receive, approximately 24. I'm so happy this process is just about over, and I thank all of you for the support. 

@Anonymous wrote:
For me it was about two weeks after it was requested. I saw separate deposits into my account for each payment repaid (so if the monthly payment was $600 a month, you would get a deposit in the amount for each back payment owed). At least that’s what it was for me with Great Lakes Smiley Happy

Message 71 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

*they too.
Message 72 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!  I received a notification from myFICO today that some accounts had changed.  Went on to investigate and indeed my student loan accounts were updated by Dept of Ed/Nelnet.  No new accounts were created. Summary of changes are below:

Balance shows a change to zero on each account

Past Due:  Did not change. "Not Reported"

Status: Did not change (I was never late). "Pays Account As Agreed"

Last Activity:  Changed back first month after 100% P&T awarded

Terms:  Changed from "Not Reported" to "360M"

Description:  "Student Loan Payment Deferred" to "Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance Student Loan"

The TPD website and Dept of Ed/NSLDS still do not reflect a zero balance as of yet.  I had a decent amount discharged but my score only went up 7 points on Eq and Tu, and 3 points on Exp.  You'd think there would be more of a change.  However when considering the big picture I'm grateful that this opportunity was available to me.  It's one less stress as I proceed with surgeries/procedures.  I'll update more when anything else changes.  I have my fingers crossed for good outcomes for everyone!

Message 73 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I'm very happy for you...one less worry!

Message 74 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I had a fair amount discharged as well and nothing really changed.  But no worries, it's the discharge that counts! Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's such great news.  I know it was tough to wait it out but you're there now Smiley Happy

Message 76 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, the Federal Student Aid Website has all of my Student Loans Zero Balance, stating Disabled Veteran Discharged. As of today only Experian and Equifax have my Student Loans Zeroed out, while Transunion still has a balance for them. I have not received my refund payments, so just waiting on those, and Transunion to update. I feel so relieved, and the process is so worth the wait, even though it drove me crazy. Smiley Very Happy

Message 77 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

All is finally complete, as I received funds today, and Transunion is updated annotating a zero balance and paid. Good luck to everyone else who is going through the process, and thank you all.
Message 78 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take to get your refund check?

So, all my loans have been discharged, credit bureaus are only reporting some being paid off (the rest will catch up I’m sure), and my credit score actually dropped 11 points (lol). Hoping the credit score piece works itself out as well.
Message 79 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ricky, my accounts were zeroed out in the 8th of August, but my refund was requested by my lender on the 7th of August, and funds were deposited into my bank account today, the 15th. I didn’t get a refund check because all of my payments were bank drafts, they just returned 24 separate payments into my bank account. I counted each one 😂. I was told you receive funds the way you paid for them, so if you paid by check, you’ll receive a treasury check, if you paid by bank draft, it will be returned via eft to your bank. Hope this answers your question. Also, my Lender was FEDLOAN Servicing.
Message 80 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.