cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

My account went to zero on 7/16/2018 but it never show up on my credit report. I filed a dispute with equifax a couple of weeks ago and it took over a week for them to remove the credit report showing i had a ballance. Transunion still shows i owe a ballace. I logged onto the transunion website to dispute the information they show. The site asks for your credit card for verification but its not suppose to charge you. After i filed the dispute i noticed transunion has tricked me and charged me 19.99 and subscribed me to some credit monitoring thing. I called them and they credited my money back. Now I am waiting for Transunion to complete the dispute. I cant tell if experium has removed the student loans or not. When i tried to do the once a year free credit report, everything froze up. when i tried it again it said i had already used up my free credit report for the year. But my experium score went from 550 to 614. Equifax went from 550 to 600 and transunion went from 580 down to 497 because i used to much money on my credit card last month. Even when they update my credit for everything else, they are stuck on that one week i used my credit card last month. Hopefully when it updates again it will have my new credit card ballance and have the student loans off my record. It should go up past 620. 

Message 81 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that you’re having so much trouble. Download the Credit Karma app on your phone and sign in for an account. You get a free credit report update every week. Totally free of charge.
Message 82 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an account with credit karma. It only shows transunion and equifax. I get experium through my bank that shows the experium credit score,  but you cant see the accounts unless you pay 9.99, except once a year. I think thats the one that froze up when i was trying to get the free yearly report. I just checked credit karma again and it looks like my Transunion score went from 497 this morning up to 566. Under remarks it said good job your account went to zero under each student loan. So that updated since i filed the dispute yesterday, but still havent updated my credit card usage for last month.  The reason i had to go to Transunions site was because i filed a dispute a couple of months ago for something that shouldnt have been on my report. So credit karma will not let you file another dispute for like 90 day. You have to file a dispute directly with whichever credit rating agency your disputing the rating for. 

Message 83 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please, please help! I had my student loans discharged and they still appear on my credit reports. These are the ONLY negative items on my reports. How do I get thus removed? Please, please help! Thank you!
Message 84 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my situation and I am frantic about the possibility of it preventing me from using my VA loan to purchase a home!
Message 85 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

This is my situation and I am frantic about the possibility of it preventing me from using my VA loan to purchase a home!
Message 86 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

When were they discharged? Are they still on Federal Student Aid Website? Does your student loan lender show paid in full on your account?
Message 87 of 154
JVille
Valued Contributor

Need more Specific information!
Message 88 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Do you have to be 100% P&T and unemployable to qualify or can you be 100% T&P and employable?  If so, how did you submit the application?  The option 1 says unemployable in bold and option 2 doesnt apply to me.  Any advice would help - thanks.

Message 89 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have your letter from the VA saying you are 100%, you can submit the paperwork. The website is https://disabilitydischarge.com/
Message 90 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.