cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update on Application

Glad to help. 😉
Message 111 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Permanent Discharge today. So relieved now. How long does it usually take to be reported to credit bureau as paid in full?
Message 112 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! It took about 30 days for the Zero Balance and Responsibility Terminated showed up on Experian. It did not affect my credit score whatsoever. Maybe for others, but not mine.
Message 113 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That’s not too bad. I’m just glad the application process is over. I’m okay with the 30 days wait while it’s cleared from my credit report. This has been a process and I’m so thankful for the outcome.
Message 114 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting the timelines, folks. Helps those of us that check status updates daily to feel better about no changes on the websites.

Recently received 100% P&T dated back to 8/2018. Filed for discharge on 7/17/19 via emailing them P&T letter, application, and even my decision letter (wasn't sure what to include and that was before I found this forum). Now I know I didn't need to send them the decision letter.

Received a couple letters it's all under review, status on website also shows "Application Under Review" still. Based on NervousNelly's timeline (submitted application May 14 I think and just recently discharged in August), if approved, I can expect discharge/refund around November or December.

Message 115 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called to check my status since it’s been 30 days. They said it’s in the second stage. 1st stage was them verifying my fed loans and application under review). Can someone tell me what the second stage is and if that’s favorable.
Message 116 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does the Status say on the Disability Discharge Website. Your Application goes from received, to assigned, to pending review, to pending final approval, and should have an approval within 30-99 days should there be no issues. Keep checking status on website
Message 117 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant 30-90, not 99, but they do say up to 120 days, but I haven’t heard of anyone waiting that long.
Message 118 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

It currently says under review. The lady I spoke with seemed as if she couldn’t give any other information and rushed the call.
Message 119 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

There’s a date, when did it go under review? Mine stayed in that status about 10 days, then moved to Pending Final Approval.
Message 120 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.