cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

Your VA Letter when you initially became 100% should of sufficed. You did not have to be P & T to request as you were already 100%. So it will depend on what date is used. If 2013 is used, then yes, you will be refunded all payments made since 2013. If they go by Oct 2019, then only since Oct would you have received any refunds. Please keep me posted as yours is a first for me. Why did you wait so long to request discharge after being 109% since 2013? The program was in affect then, only you would’ve had to report refund to IRS. You no longer have to do that now.
Message 141 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great - thanks for the info and follow-up. 

Message 142 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

*correction, 100%
Message 143 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

TRGLEN - 100%, understood. 

I had to provide additional information so back in the waiting game. That's ok, will be grateful for any assistance/ forgivemess I receive. 

Cheers, 

SaltyDawg

Message 144 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

I am 100% TPD (employable) but make over the Poverty Line threshold.  Am I disqualified?

Thank you

Message 145 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Your income has no impact on your qualification. Really, all you need is to be 100% TPD. Good luck!
Message 146 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow; that is amazing news!!  Thank you so much for the quick reply!  I couldn't find ANYTHING to validate this so haven't applied since notification of my upgraded disability status in November.  This message board is the only place that gave me hope.  Much appreciation!

Alison ~

Message 147 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes all you’ll need is your VA Letter indicating that you are 100% and has the date in which it was granted. Good luck. 👍
Message 148 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much!

Another question:  

I submitted the documents online via the portal, but then realized this wasn't a manner delineated by OMB No. 1845-0065. Do I need to resubmit via email or USPS, or are they actually accepted/processed from the submission area?  I wasn't sure if it was a manner in which to submit requested documents (post initial submission), or a viable place to start the process.
Message 149 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.disabilitydischarge.com/

It will give you all the information you need. I submitted mine via email back in 2018 with no problem.
Message 150 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.