cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

Established Member

Re: TPD Loan forgiveness with VA disability rating.

The VA actually submitted my name to Nelnet, and they automatically sent a letter to my Loan Servicer to suspend payments. I then had to fill out the paperwork they sent me in the mail, send it back, I emailed it, but you can mail it back. Can’t remember if fax was an option. It took about 60 days for my Loans to be discharged. You might want to call the number on the website to see if your name was submitted by the VA. It may save you some time.
Message 91 of 93
New Visitor

Thanks for the replies!

I just spoke with Nelnet.  You can be 100% P&T employable or 100% unemployable.  They receive your information from the VA which means you pre-qualify (basically you will be approved).  All you have to do is submit your application because they've received the supporting documents from the VA which is why they notify you.  If anyone has had a different experience - please share.  Now I'm just playing the waiting game.... I can't wait until my credit score boosts from this!!!

Message 92 of 93
Established Member

You’re welcome, and that is my experience. Just be patient, and you should be fine.
Message 93 of 93