Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Student Loan Discharge based on VA Rating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TPD Student Loan Discharge based on VA Rating

So there’s a status that says Pending Final Discharge and Pending Final Approval? Does it go from Pending Final Approval to Pending Final Discharge? I’m so confused.
Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I just worded it wrong. It goes from pending final approval to permanent discharge. Now im waiting for the lenders to zero out my accounts. Not sure how long that will take. I talked to nelnet today and they said they send the information to the lenders and they have to put it in their system and adjust your account. Once they are done they should have no record of you. Then if you have anything on your credit report for student loans, dispute it. Since they have no records of you then it drops off your credit report.

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information and congratulations on getting approved.

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.. I was really starting to stress. I read a lot of posts on different forums and everyone seemed to get theirs done in a couple of months. I guess when they changed the tax law and more vets were notified about SLD they had a flood of applicants. Good luck!! If you filing because your 100% T&P then you should have no problem, other than the wait. 

Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, the TPD process has taken 84 days since my initial application on 04/17/18.   I spent 56 days in “Pending Final Review” status before receiving my approval on 07/03/18.  Hope this helps.

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took my lenders (Great Lakes) about two weeks to zero out my balance.  I thought that was quick enough.  About 3-4 weeks after that, the credit bureaus reflected zero balances (though had no effect on the credit scores).

Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to let everyone know that I logged into the TPD website and it finally says Permanent Discharge as of today's date. I'm so happy as I was so worried. My application was assigned an ID on May 15, 2018 and it was Permanently discharged on July 11, 2018, which was approximately 57 days. It had been in Pending Final Approval since May 31, 2018, so about 41 days. Thank you all so much for telling me to have faith and I don't know what I would've done had I not had this forum to gather information, but I should not have expected anything less from fellow veterans. Battles for Life!!
Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take Great Lakes to send you any refund of payments, if you were due any?

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked myeddept and this morning my loans were still there. I checked later and they were all zero's. FedStudentaid site still shows the loans are active. Hopefully it wont take much longer. Right now its 13 days since my account went to permanent dicharge. 

@Anonymous wrote:

How long did it take Great Lakes to send you any refund of payments, if you were due any?

Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed on the 11th that FedLoanServicing stopped the interest that was accruing, so that zeroed out, just waiting for them to now zero out my loans as they still have a balance.
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.