Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD Student Loan Discharge based on VA Rating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TPD Student Loan Discharge based on VA Rating

Federal Student Loans website now has me at zero. They were Permantly discharged on July 3rd, so it took 21 days for my account to be completely zero'd out. 3 months and 21 days for the process to be complete. However, just 2 or 3 days ago i got a notice from credit karma that my student loan ballance had increased. So they reported to the C/B up until the last day I guess. 

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just submitted my TPD application 2 weeks ago and received an email today that it is under review. I am little concerned because I am VA rated as 100% TPD but not unemployable, not sure if I will get approved. Also, I make decent money from my current job-will they consider how much me and my wife makes? And my current employment status? I was told no by the Nelnet rep, but still not sure.
Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! My Loans were Permanently Discharged on the 11th of July, and my Loan Servicer, FEDLOAN Servicing, still hasn't received the pay off in order to annotate my loans as Paid in Full. I was hoping to have them paid by now, but still waiting. It sucks that some people move quicker than others once PD'd. Hoping that they will be paid soon. 

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your 100% P&T it doesnt matter how much money you make, you meed the criteria. If you recieved notice that your loans are permanently discharged, then they are dischared. It takes a while for your account to zero out. 

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, due to interest capitalization from the forbearance, the loans did increase. I’m still waiting for the balance on my Servicer’s Account to go to zero. I can wait for FSA website.
Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Good to know and can’t wait to hear a decision...thanks for the response
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

My loans went to Permanent Discharge on 07/03/18, with no changes since then.  I gave a call and got a friendly and knowledgeable rep.  She explained that my loans were noted PIF from Dept of Ed to Nelnet on 07/30/18.  Nelnet credited my account that day but it wont show on their website until next week. 

For me, its been just shy of 30 days from when the TPD website changed to final discharge to confirming the PIF status with Nelnet.  I'll update everyone when my credit reports change.  The rep said they sent the updates to all three bureaus on 07/31/18.  

Good luck to everyone in this process!

Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you speak with a Nelnet Rep at Disability Discharge? If so, I may call them tomorrow to check my status.
Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that’s exactly who I spoke with. Give it a try and hopefully you will connect with someone who can give you good info. Realize though that the NSLDS and Dept of Ed sites are getting upgraded this weekend and they will be back up on Monday 8/6. Hopefully whoever you speak to can check the other database available to them to update you in a meaningful way.
Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.