Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trellis/Texas Guaranteed Rehabbed Loan Derog

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trellis/Texas Guaranteed Rehabbed Loan Derog

Hi Guys,
Anyone have experience with Trellis/Texas Guaranteed?

I have a loan that I rehabbed with them back in 2015/2016. I completed the payments for it no issues and it was transferred to Nelnet, which I have been making on time payments since.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but I was under the impression on a rehabbed loan with Trellis they would delete off the negative remark from my CR. To this day I’m still seeing it on my report as a $0 Collection/Chargeoff. Is this worth reaching out to them about to ask about removing? I recently went through a mortgage preapproval and one lender was asking about it, though explaining it was a rehabbed in good standing was a satisfactory answer.

Not sure it will do a whole lot of good though, still have a BK7 on the books until 10/2020(maybe a bit earlier on any EEs). I also have a paid $0 collection for Target, also from 2015.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Trellis/Texas Guaranteed Rehabbed Loan Derog

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Guys,
Anyone have experience with Trellis/Texas Guaranteed?

I have a loan that I rehabbed with them back in 2015/2016. I completed the payments for it no issues and it was transferred to Nelnet, which I have been making on time payments since.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but I was under the impression on a rehabbed loan with Trellis they would delete off the negative remark from my CR. To this day I’m still seeing it on my report as a $0 Collection/Chargeoff. Is this worth reaching out to them about to ask about removing? I recently went through a mortgage preapproval and one lender was asking about it, though explaining it was a rehabbed in good standing was a satisfactory answer.

Not sure it will do a whole lot of good though, still have a BK7 on the books until 10/2020(maybe a bit earlier on any EEs). I also have a paid $0 collection for Target, also from 2015.

Thanks!

I had TG/Trellis - write them a letter or call them.   I consolidated my loans, and a couple of months after I did that, I wrote them a letter and they deleted the entire tradeline from my CRAs, which was really unexpected (and not necessary at all).   In my previous rehab (long story), they also deleted all negative information for me.   They're pretty nice even when they don't have to be, so I imagine getting this deleted shouldn't be a problem for you.   If you call them and they don't agree at that time, write them a letter.

Good luck!  

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome this does sound really encouraging. I sent them an email politely asking about it, I will see what comes of that and follow up with a phone call if necessary.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

Good luck!  I hope you have the same success I did with them.   They've (generally, except for one call I was disappointed with, but they were still super polite) been really, really easy and supportive when I've dealt with them.  To the point where I actually left them positive feedback on the Dept. of Ed feedback site.  

I really, really hope they're as awesome for you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope so too, would be awesome to get that one line removed and its encouraging to hear that may be possible.

You know its a good business if someone goes out of their way to leave positive feedback. I never had a whole lot of interaction with them so will see what my experience in with them.

Thanks again!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Trellis got back to me and did confirm that they would remove the tradeline.  They asked to confirm which bureaus were reporting it so I logged into dashboard here on MF and pulled a 3B.  The part that is throwing me off is this one isn't showing as a negative account but those pay status and delinquency comments definitely say otherwise. 

2019-08-19_18-02-04.png

Either way, will call in the morning to avoid giving social in email but this had me a little perplexed.

Message 6 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

So weird that the negative isn't showing as negative.

But in any case - congrats on Trellis being willing to remove the account for you!  In my experience, they also sent a letter that I kept on file 'just in case', but I never needed it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.