cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two days after rehab, 4 entries deleted.

tag
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Two days after rehab, 4 entries deleted.

Hi all!

Just wanted to give an update to those who are still in the process of rehabbing.

I started rehab on two of my Direct Loans with an agency called ACT; they weren't reporting but Dept. of Ed. was reporting 3 separate TLs with all defaults and 120+ marks.

My 9th rehab payment was November 4th. I called ACT on November 5th and they said both my loans were picked up already (1 day after!) by Great Lake. They said they would delete from all 3 CRs within 30-60 days; the woman I was speaking to suggested that if I'm anxious I can just dispute with all 3 CBs. I did just that on November 5th. Today, November 7th, all three TLs from all three CBs have been deleted! 

I created an online account with Great Lakes and saw all my loan info that they picked up, and my next payment isn't due to start until January 15th, 2014. 

I recieved a 20 point increase (average) on all three FAKO CRs.

So now I'm in the process of rehabbing another 4 Fed loans with NJ HESSA and they just called me yesterday to say "your last payment with us is next week and your loans will be bought by Nelnet." So hopefully this will go just as smoothly as these last two did.

Just wanted to update those are who still going through the rehab process. When I started in February 2013 I was like "UGH 9 months is going to take so long" and boom it's already here.

It's totally worth it!! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Rikku
Regular Contributor

Re: Two days after rehab, 4 entries deleted.

Congrats on rehabbing your loans and getting the negative info removed! From what I've read here, when it comes to getting negative info deleted after rehab, everyone's experience seems to be different - it's great that it went so smoothly for you!

Message 2 of 7
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Jon85 wrote:

Hi all!

Just wanted to give an update to those who are still in the process of rehabbing.

I started rehab on two of my Direct Loans with an agency called ACT; they weren't reporting but Dept. of Ed. was reporting 3 separate TLs with all defaults and 120+ marks.

My 9th rehab payment was November 4th. I called ACT on November 5th and they said both my loans were picked up already (1 day after!) by Great Lake. They said they would delete from all 3 CRs within 30-60 days; the woman I was speaking to suggested that if I'm anxious I can just dispute with all 3 CBs. I did just that on November 5th. Today, November 7th, all three TLs from all three CBs have been deleted! 

I created an online account with Great Lakes and saw all my loan info that they picked up, and my next payment isn't due to start until January 15th, 2014. 

So now I'm in the process of rehabbing another 4 Fed loans with NJ HESSA and they just called me yesterday to say "your last payment with us is next week and your loans will be bought by Nelnet." So hopefully this will go just as smoothly as these last two did.

Just wanted to update those are who still going through the rehab process. When I started in February 2013 I was like "UGH 9 months is going to take so long" and boom it's already here.

It's totally worth it!! 

Congrats on getting the accounts deleted. I finished up my rehab oct 10th and things are moving really slow. My usa funds account is still on my credit report and its probably goanna be there till December. Im really jealous lol

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 3 of 7
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Hey just wanted to let you guys know that I couldn't access the TU site so I wrote in a dispute and it must have been that day they got the letter that they deleted all of the tradelines for Direct Loans which I had.  NOW I HAVE EXPERIAN AND I AM DONE WITH FIXING MY STUDENT LOANS. This is so fun!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
klondike
Valued Member

@tfkallday wrote:

Hey just wanted to let you guys know that I couldn't access the TU site so I wrote in a dispute and it must have been that day they got the letter that they deleted all of the tradelines for Direct Loans which I had.  NOW I HAVE EXPERIAN AND I AM DONE WITH FIXING MY STUDENT LOANS. This is so fun!

That's awesome, my rehab last payment is Feb 15th of next year. I will be disputing them as soon as I'm done and confirm with ASA that their records are updated.

Starting FICO EQ Score: 597
Current FICO EQ Score: 664
Goal FICO EQ Score: 750

Message 5 of 7
klondike
Valued Member

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Jon85 wrote:

Hi all!

It's totally worth it!! 

Congrats on getting the accounts deleted. I finished up my rehab oct 10th and things are moving really slow. My usa funds account is still on my credit report and its probably goanna be there till December. Im really jealous lol

Did you dispute with the bureaus? Based on what I see, the more proactive you are,the faster things happen. I would dispute with all 3 bureaus now.

Starting FICO EQ Score: 597
Current FICO EQ Score: 664
Goal FICO EQ Score: 750

Message 6 of 7
martinsoka17
Contributor

@Jon85 wrote:

Hi all!

It's totally worth it!! 

This is so exciting. I had Direct Loans that were defaulted and picked up by ACT, who is AMAZING to work with as far as CA's go. Super friendly, and patient. I'm glad to see what I get to look forward to once my rehab is done in May. Thank you for posting this and congrats!

Starting Score: 523

Current Scores: EQ: 705 TU: 757 EX: 764

Goal Scores: 800 across the board

in the garden until 2019!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.