Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Dept of Ed dispute success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

U.S. Dept of Ed dispute success!

Student loan dispute update:
I successfully disputed a old student loan tradeline with EQUIFAX, U.S. Dept of education was reporting incorrectly after I finished my student loan rehab.
It was supposed to say closed and transferred, all late payments or missed removed and report a zero balance. None of the above was done on these accounts on EQ & TU. So one was removed. I'm still waiting on Direct loans result to come back. Afterwards I'm going to dispute them on TU. Hope this helps anyone that may be experiencing this after student loan rehab.
***Always remember to do your research BEFORE disputing anything. KNOW the beast you are about to slay so that it all works in your favor.***
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S. Dept of Ed dispute success!

Im about to finish a rehab program for 2 of my student loans. How did finishing the program help your credit scores if you dont mind me asking. Im worried that when I get done they wont remove any of those items. The end result of this process makes me extremely nervous.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Please update us Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Well congrats on winning the dispute!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.