Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Dept EDU loan transferred to Sallie Mae

tag
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

US Dept EDU loan transferred to Sallie Mae

I had a student loan with U.S. Depart of EDU (Direct Loan SVC System on CR)..opened 6/2010...$2300..$50/month.  I paid some months and eventually quit paying...on 04/2013.. it was closed and transferred to Sallie Mae.  I was offered a forebearance by Sallie Mae...and my first due date was 10/2013..same terms $50/month.  I have made payments uptodate.  Sallie Mae is reporting my account is in good standing/pays as agreed...Direct Loans SVC System is reporting negatively and has account as "transferred".     Is there any possibility of getting Direct Loans to remove at least the Negative TL's or completely removing the accounts altogether?  Is there any chance of success writing a GW letter?  Or maybe disputing with CRA in hope that Direct Loans is too busy or not interested enough to respond?

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Dept EDU loan transferred to Sallie Mae

Direct Loans doesn't service the loans anymore.  I rehabilitated mine as I have discussed here at length on the forum and they were resold.  I used a dispute letter I found on here because the old accounts were still reporting as open so I demanded they get deleted and this was last week-- so far 2/3 agencies have deleted all the trade lines.  You have a good chance, imo. Goodluck

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Dept EDU loan transferred to Sallie Mae

CR is showing them as closed accounts that were transferred.  Any luck with getting them removed by disputing with CRA considering they are closed accounts?

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.