cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did FedLoan Servicing do to my loan??

tag

What did FedLoan Servicing do to my loan??

Last month I called Fedloan Servicing because I had fallen behind on my student loan payment by 2 months. My monthly payment was $149.xx I didn't want it to go into default so I asked if I could have enough time until November to get it current. She asked if I needed lower payments which I said NO. Because I know this would start my repayment over & the payments would be larger at the end and I didn't want that. This was on 10/13/15. I called today and she tells me there is no payment due or past due & my forbearance ran out in October, but my payment was current. I logged into my account to see a statement notice of New Repayment Terms. This shows each of my 3 loans. #1 now $41.47/month, #2 now $13.41/month and #3 now $28.64/month. It says the 1st payment will begin on 1/22/16 and the last payments are due on1/22/2024.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: What did FedLoan Servicing do to my loan??

Did you call back and ask?  If they are still resolving the status of your loans, they may have put them on administrative forbearance so that you don't go late while they process paperwork.

If you need it, you should take advantage of a income-driven payment plan.  You will pay more in interest over the life of the loan, but that is a better option than having late payments on your report or going into default.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.