cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Best SL Repayment option for mortgage DTI issue?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is Best SL Repayment option for mortgage DTI issue?

I'm in deferment now and was told by a mortgage rep that they have to use 1% of the student loan balance, which keeps me from either qualifying altogether according to one company and another says the DTI limits me to lower purchase price. Salary is $48k. I'll have approx $100k in loans when finished in Dec. I'm trying to improve scores to at least 580 for FHA, 3.5% down. Would like to get closer to $180-220 purchase price for decent homes in my area. But DTI with the student loans brings it to $145-160, approx. Which repayment option should I choose for the lowest fixed payment but also to help me qualify for a mortgage or higher purchase amount? I don't expect any large salary increases when finished so need a fixed payment.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is Best SL Repayment option for mortgage DTI issue?

You might want to ask them to delete this post. They rules ask that you don't double-post. I think your post in mortgage will probably get more answers too.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.