Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Rehab end

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will Rehab end

My wife started her student loan rehab in Feb and made her first payment. Early in Oct we made the 9th payment. Shouldn't stuff be happening about now or do we wait another month?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Re: When will Rehab end

Honestly, I would have expected some movement by now. The Dept of Ed defaults were removed from my credit reports about two weeks after my final rehab payment, with my loans transferred to Great Lakes a week after that. Maybe some servicers move a bit slower than others?

I do remember the wait being agonzing after that final payment. Then, things started happening and my scores really shot up. I hope the same happens for your wife!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife started her student loan rehab in Feb and made her first payment. Early in Oct we made the 9th payment. Shouldn't stuff be happening about now or do we wait another month?

Who was the rehab(s) with?

Since it has been a month since the last payment was made, I would start reaching out yourself to the servicer(s) that did your rehab(s). Do not sit idle and wait for them to reach out to you. That is how people end up defaulting again or starting their newly picked up SLs with lates on their CRs. 

Message 3 of 6
readytoclimb
Established Member

I'm in the same boat. Started the rehab in Feb and last payment was October. I called my loan servicer and they said it was in transition/processing and that I would hear something soon but that it did show I had completed the rehab. A friend of mine did the rehab with the same servicer a year prior and said they seen it update the following month and that their credit jumped up when it did. So I'm anxiously waiting. 

update: called my loan servicer and they said my loan will still be handled by the same company and it's scheduled to convert back on 11/19, a month after I made my last rehab payment. I hope this means they will update the credit bureaus this month. 

update: 12/1 - TU was the first to update which is surprising since they usually take a couple of months to update for me.  My score went up 61 pts to 699. The report showed all of the listings that were reporting as student loan collections were removed. It showed my balance was only 24k.  The next day the loans were added back but showing as being active and the balance went back to 80K and the report dropped 3 points. 

update: 12/6 EX updated and my score increased 94 points. EQ updated the same day and my score increased 35 points.

Will wait until the end of the month to see if there are any changes to EX and EQ scores from the accounts being added back. 

My Wallet:
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $1200 | OpenSky Secured - $250 | Credit One Platinum - $800 & Credit One- $450 | Chase Freedom Unlm AU - $1800 | Capital One Platinum AU - $1500 | Capital One Silver - $400

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this week all the collection accounts got removed, my wife scores went up about 50 points across the board. Wondering what will happen when the new loans report. Her credit file is really thin. Current sitting in the mid to high 600s. Only one credit card with a zero balance reporting.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Congrats to your dw on successfully rehabbing her student loans! Also she might want to look to add a few cards (for fico scoring its recommended to have 3 cards and 1 installment loan, could be an auto/personal/student/mortgage loan).

Do you mind if I ask how old were the original loans? Did any negative student loan accounts with lates remain after the update?

Also the removal occurred after the 9th payment?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.