Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my student loan information?

tag
clkhome01
Established Member

Where is my student loan information?

Working on building up my scores, but I never see my student loan information on my credit report.   Do anyone know why?

Want to take it Higher!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where is my student loan information?

Who is the lender? Is the loan still active? Do you know if that lender reports?

Message 2 of 6
clkhome01
Established Member

Federal Government loan, and not active.

Want to take it Higher!
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When was it paid off?

Message 4 of 6
clkhome01
Established Member

It's not...defaulted, but not showing on credit report.   Is there another agency, where it could be posted?    How long can it be on your credit report?

Want to take it Higher!
Message 5 of 6
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

@clkhome01 wrote:

It's not...defaulted, but not showing on credit report.   Is there another agency, where it could be posted?    How long can it be on your credit report?

You can find a list of all of your loans and who is holding them at: www.nslds.ed.gov.

Although that is for federal and privately held federal loans. If you have taken out private loans and the private lender isn't remporting, that seems to be a fluke that is just working out in your favor right now. Although the gov't will let you rehab your loan and bring it out of default, erasing the baddies from your credit report. Private lenders will not. 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.