cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which are the low interest Private Loans

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Which are the low interest Private Loans

I am looking for Private Loans for daugther who is in the college. She is junior now and going to be senior next year. What are the companies that are offering low interest rates for college students ? My wife can cosign for the loan and she has good credit scores. Thanks. Appreciate your input.

As of 1/5/2020 - EQ 576 / TU 600 / EX 566
As of 6/28/2020 - EQ 613 / TU 620 / EX 608
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Which are the low interest Private Loans

As a junior, there's a possibility that she may be able to apply to the FAFSA as independent, especially of she has a job, her own place, etc. It might be something to look into as it will unlock all the financial aid options, including student federal loans. There is a specific process to this.

As far as private loans, the rate would be dependent on her profile. Some can give you a solid rate before, some will require a hard pull. I think a few companies were listed in older posts. I would say a credit union such as Navy Federal is also a good place to look. They tend to have low rates. Co-signing would probably be a last resort as it comes with its own problems.
My think is more federal loans, so someone else can give a more complete answer.
Good luck on your search and hope you find a company that will work out.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Which are the low interest Private Loans

+1
Exp - 847 TU - 838 EQ - 846
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.