cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who should I want to pick up my student loan rehab?

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Who should I want to pick up my student loan rehab?

Any good companies? I know I don't get a choice but I can wish and maybe make some calls..l

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Who should I want to pick up my student loan rehab?

It doesn't really matter - and I don't know who you'd be calling.  I don't know for sure, but I would guess that rehab'd loans are sold in batches to servicers per their contracts with the Department of Education based on the availability of funds and whatever they've agreed on.  You'll get whoever is up next to take on some new loans.

You'll see folks complain about X or Y servicer for various reasons, but the reality is that if you're pro-active in keeping tabs on your loan and make your payments on time, they are all basically the same - I guess you might prefer one website over another, but they all do the same things.  Ultimately, they are all required to play by the same rules, and if you do you have problems, you have the same recourse with any of them by reaching out to agencies like the CFPB and Ombudsman.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.