cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was student loan removed from report?

tag
Dennis885
Contributor

Why was student loan removed from report?

I paid off a private student loan maybe 2 years ago.   It was all paid on time except I had one 60 day mark on my report.

It was set to fall off early next year.   I disputed with only Experian a few weeks ago and have not heard any response.   However I opened Credit Karma today and it shows the account removed from my TU and EQ reports.  

Is that normal?  I was sort of hoping JUST the one late payment would be removed and the remaining, all-positive, history would remain?  

My scores on CK did go up 11 and 9 pts.  I paid off an auto lease which updated at the same time, so I'm not sure what the increase really reflects.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Why was student loan removed from report?

Tradelines are sometimes removed when they are under dispute, and once the investigation is complete they will pop back on with corrected information.

You say you disputed it - what was the basis of the dispute?  Is there a chance it was accurate and will be added to TU/EQ?

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.