cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly Defaulted. Credit Bureaus haven't done anything.

tag
jenna4545

Wrongly Defaulted. Credit Bureaus haven't done anything.

I was wrongly defaulted by my student loan agency. They admitted fault. I also have an email from them stating so.

I was in the military and sent in a military deferment FIVE YEARS AGO. I was still defaulted and my credit was destroyed. I hear credit scores go down approximately 100 points if defaulted on student loans. Mine definitely did. Now that the student loan agency admitted fault  in July 2013 and sent all the information to the credit bureaus stating so, I have not seen ANY changes. By federal law, shouldn't it have been rectified by now???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Wrongly Defaulted. Credit Bureaus haven't done anything.

Probably, but some servicers only report every 90 days.  I would call the servicer and follow up with them to see when the information was transmitted.  Have a copy of your reports with the incorrect info highlighted and offer to send it to them so that they can see what's still being reported.

If they don't respond to you, I would dispute with the CRAs with the documentation you mentioned.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.