Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defaulted student Loan on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

defaulted student Loan on credit report

In June of 2012 i defaulted on my loan.  After a few monthly payments to another company I have since been paying the DOE through direct loans each month.  The company i defaulted with has reported to my credit report negatively as I expected.  My question would be can they report negatively about a debt that has been consolidated and is being reported as positive at the same time? Can this be disputed.  please help as i am trying to get approved for a home loan.  thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Re: defaulted student Loan on credit report

When did you consolidated the defaulted loan and how many payments have you made through consolidation?  I have a defaulted loan that I consolidated and it wasn't a issue with my underwriter.  You should be fine if you have made at least 12 months of payments.

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.