Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rehabilitated student loans - left marks on credit

tag
spydergto
Regular Contributor

rehabilitated student loans - left marks on credit

Hello , 

i have rehabilitated my student loans. on EX they show as positive BUT there is a hole in the data where when i was paying the other company to rehabilitate the loan SM was not getting paid and have marked non payment. this shows on EX as negative information and this is THE only negative mark on my EX credit report at this time. 

EQ is a diffrent matter. the rehabilitated loans are showing up under negative remarks and are hurting my score on EQ. i just started buying EQ reports so im just starting the process of what i have already done with EX.  in the next few months im hoping to have cleared up quite a bit of data on EQ. 

but my question is this. what can i do to try to get the hole in the payment patched accross all three TU EQ and EX and to get these loans moved from the negative pile to the positive. they are NOW in good standing for well over 2 years since 2011 and im paying regularly. 

i can not afford to just pay them off its a huge amount . so im forced to keep payments ongoing or to make double payments.

what can i do to get the negative data fixed? this would be a huge help to me because the account is 12 years old long history. 

thanks

Ex 750 10/22/2013 Eq 651 11/09/2013 TU 721 12/9/2013

5/14/14 Equifax – 673 Experian – 744 Transunion – 722

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: rehabilitated student loans - left marks on credit

Why would you be forced into making double payments?

Message 2 of 11
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Spyder, I'm a bit confused so let me see if I understand this correctly:

You defaulted on a student loan, and then rehabbed. After rehab, you're seeing lates on your credit report for the time that you were in rehab.

If that's accurate, then it sounds like this tradeline might be reporting incorrectly. The deal with rehab is that after rehabilitation, all the negative information from the date of default forward to the current date comes off your credit report. Lates leading up to the default can still remain, however. Is that what you are seeing?

Message 3 of 11
spydergto
Regular Contributor

Hello ,

you are correct , but the lates i am seeing are from the exact time frame from when i was paying the other company to rehab the loan. i need to rummage through my piles of papers to find data, but i have moved twice since the rehab and dont know if i can find what i need to prove this.

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 4 of 11
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

It would help if you could give a ballpark  time frame here, because the thing is that when my loans defaulted that was it, there was no payment data showing after that.

What was your date of default? And about when did you rehab the loan?

Message 5 of 11
spydergto
Regular Contributor

sorry it took me a bit to reply , things have happened and its been weird. i put in a few disputes via EQ and now they have removed my student loans that were in GOOD standing from my report entierly , i am like **bleep** as i have been paying on them and now i need to contact them and figure out why in response to my dispute to UPDATE the information in response they pulled the positive trade line entirely.

I will report back once i  have collected more information and gone through my mail box here at the house to see what data i have over the payments to the loan rehabilitation program and also what occurs to the TL due to what is currently going on  , 

Message 6 of 11
spydergto
Regular Contributor

feb of 2011 to december of 2011 , the thing is though , these are the EXACT dates when i was paying the other company for the loan rehabilitation program , the loan was bought back to sallie mae in december of 2011 , 

Message 7 of 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

Spyder, I'm a bit confused so let me see if I understand this correctly:

You defaulted on a student loan, and then rehabbed. After rehab, you're seeing lates on your credit report for the time that you were in rehab.

If that's accurate, then it sounds like this tradeline might be reporting incorrectly. The deal with rehab is that after rehabilitation, all the negative information from the date of default forward to the current date comes off your credit report. Lates leading up to the default can still remain, however. Is that what you are seeing?

+1

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 11
spydergto
Regular Contributor

OK , 

something weird is happening right now and i dont know what. I disputed the information on my EQ report because it was inacurate. i had three listings for the exact SAME student loan , the one we are currently discussing. when i did this with EX they eventually removed the other two lisitings and only kept ONE listing which was only half accurate. i had also previous disputed with EX about that. i have 2 loans that were consolidated and now two loans L15 and L16 , L15 has a balance of X and L16 has a balance of Y total is just under 30k. the one reported on EX was only Y balance and not accurate . i had previously disputed with EX but nothing ever changed. i just disputed with EQ and because of what EQ did they loan has now been removed COMPLETELY from my CR and TL is gone, this is not good for me at all , this loan is from 2004 and a POSITIVE  on my report. im trying to figure out what the hell is going on , i disputed the info on EQ to get the data UPDATE not removed. the data was inacurate. now its been removed by SM on EQ and EX. i have waited a week now to see if they would repost and report new accurate data but instead the TL has just vanished which i am not happy with because it was in good standing , even with the negative remarks on the account from two plus years ago with bad payment history it was my oldest account.

i am thinking i need to call sallie mae , EQ and EX and inquire whats going on , i just dont have the time as i go offshore for another 3 week hitch soon , 

any thoughts , i will call when i get a chance but im out of min on my cell thanks att! lol trying to keep bills low .. 

but even with it removed i am still over 730 EX and 671 EQ when i checked last month , the difference is because of a CC that doesnt report , another post another story of dismal gardening , working to make it better.

thanks for your thoughts when i get word from SM and EQ as to why and how the TL was removed completely i will report back

Message 9 of 11
Rikku
Regular Contributor

It is not unusual to have more than one TL for what you think is only one SL. Your loan package may have included subsidized and unsubsidized loans, or you signed a different promissary note each semester or year. To make things easier on us, the SL companies send us one bill - but that one payment that you make might actually be applied towards several loans that the company services. This is not the same thing as consolidation. It's also REALLY confusing.

So you disputed positive TLs because they were inaccurate? What was inaccurate, and was it affecting you negatively? Unless inaccurate info on your CR is negative, I wouldn't dispute it - as you can see from your experience, the CRA just ends up getting confused and then you have a mess to clean up. I definitely understand your logic - but I think it's best to leave inaccurate info alone unless it's affecting you negatively. I've noticed a LOT of inaccurate details on my SL TLs - generally things like the date it was opened was off by a few months, the date it was transferred to a new servicing company is wrong, or the current balance is off (I don't think they report balance changes on a monthly basis). As the TLs are positive, however, I don't worry about the details - as fixing them will not change anything. As I pay them off, I will watch my CR like a hawk to make sure they are accurately reported as paid and closed.

To fix your problem, I'd call the lender and explain what happened and ask them to report it again, since the TL has been deleted. You'll have to watch your CRs to make sure it shows up again.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.