Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2015 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

April 2015 Check In Thread

(Sorry for the late thread! Smiley Wink )

As we move on from March, April is the start of many blooms in gardens.The Romans gave this month the Latin name Aprilis, but the derivation of this name is uncertain. The traditional etymology is from the verb aperire, meaning "to open", in allusion to its being the season when trees and flowers begin to "open". Grasses are getting greener, leaves are beginning anew, and it is starting to just look and feel like spring. Take this time to continue clearing out those weeds(negatives, lousy trade lines) start to fine tune that financial profile of your's.

Take notice of the month's birthstone: the diamond. We use this spade in our garden thread to signify that you've achieved 2 years of not applying for new credit. Does this sound like something you might try? Try our Garden thread

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones? Anything you think is appropriate to add is what we want to hear about. 

Let us know how you're doing! Wishing you guys the best of luck!

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Re: April 2015 Check In Thread

Hello!  I'm checking in for April!  After a brief trip out of the garden I'm back and plan on being here for a while LOL JK

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

It is a bit too soon to check in for April, at least for me.  This morning I made my first payment on my cards for the month.  But am a little worried because for March my credit took a dip (down to 524; 542; 547). I was excited when i saw my credit score get closer to the 600 number (It was 577; 598; 592).  The drop was due to utilization and a hard inquiry from Chase my score dropped ;(

I will come back in the middle of April and will update my progress. 

Trying to staying positive here.

Have a good day to all!!

Message 3 of 36
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning,

It is a bit too soon to check in for April, at least for me.  This morning I made my first payment on my cards for the month.  But am a little worried because for March my credit took a dip (down to 524; 542; 547). I was excited when i saw my credit score get closer to the 600 number (It was 577; 598; 592).  The drop was due to utilization and a hard inquiry from Chase my score dropped ;(

I will come back in the middle of April and will update my progress. 

Trying to staying positive here.

Have a good day to all!!

Stay positive and stay in the garden.  Work on your utilization and any baddies you might have on your CR.  Keep making on time payments and you will see a positive movement of your credit scores....and stay away from new apps! GL

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 4 of 36
JC_NuJeru
Valued Member

Good Morning Fam

Just checking in. It's been a full month (3/2/15) since my last credit card (Chase Freedom) request/approval. Though tempted - recieved an Amex Green Card with 25,000 points offer in the mail a week ago, I've remained vigilant and stayed in the garden. 

IN GARDEN UNTIL Dec 2017 Starting Score May 2014 EQ: 586 Feb 2017 - Scores EX: 713 TU: 723 EQ: 717 Goal Score: 750 +
Amex PRG - NPSL, Cap 1 QS Rewards Visa - $10,000, Amex ED - $16,000, PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $15,000, Discover IT - $6000, Cap 1 QS One MC - $4250, Chase Freedom - $3,500, Citi Visa - $5100, Macy's - $8500, BOA Visa - $2500, DCU Visa - $2000, Best Buy - $2000, Cap 1 Platinum MC - $1800. Utilization @ 7%
Message 5 of 36
makeupho
New Contributor

happy April, everyone! Smiley Happy i hope you're all doing well.  my scores haven't moved much.  no apps/inquiries since 1 in Dec, working on keeping utilization below 10%, continuing with on time payments, and distancing myself from my Ch13 discharge 15 months ago.

Ch13 filed 3/2009 : discharged 1/2014
Starting 2/16/2013:
EQ673 TU667
Current 6/3/2018: EX816 EQ806 TU820
Goal: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 36
Scimaiden

I was looking forward to seeing my FICO scores increase this month due to being current on bills, but I just looked at one CC website. It looks like I got a CLD which will take me from 91% to 96% util. I hope it is not too much of a ding since I was above 90% anyway.

Well, off to search for tips on best way to handle this on other posts!

Starting Score: TU 624 3/15
Current Score: TU 642 4/15 EQ 649 4/15 EX 628 4/15
Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 36
amkdiva

Happy for the modest positive change in one score.  I believe this +48 increase is due to a util reduction.  Yippee!

Starting Score: TU 619 / EQ 570 March 2015
Current Score: TU 661 / EQ 661 May 2015
Goal Score: 700+

Seedling:

Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "hold the line on spending" coupled with the resulting reduced utilization has stayed the course on scores (goal score 850). Shooting for one year in May 2015. Do I need more credit? No, so working the garden has been good discipline.
Message 9 of 36
zerbherb
Established Contributor

recover from finally droping the autherized card. Only using my amex everyday got this on march 31st first limit over 3 digits, 2000 grand and 15% apr. Very Very Happy, and discover it this month. To see if my ex and eu jump back up from 698 and 694 to the 700s.

then clis from discover.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.