Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2015 Check In Thread

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Re: April 2015 Check In Thread

I'm seeing a little improvement in my scores, but it is a slow process getting them to go up. I'm getting the same "reasons hurting score" no matter how much I pay on my accounts. I have paid down a total of more than $15000 on all my accounts, dropping total utilization from from January at 42% to 28% in April, and have zero balance now on several more cards.  It's frustrating because the items that get the most notice are the small annual fees that pop up on a card with zero balance. These charges keep dropping my score when they post.  I can't pay these charges early because they don't show up until the statement posts.  I finally only have 2 or 3 cards that still have a high utilization, but that is coming down.

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey how do you put the credit cards you have and limits on your profile?

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Scores have risen!!! to TU 603 EX 600 EQ 589 as of 4/13/15  //// Starting scores on 1/8/15  were TU 578 EX 572 EQ 553

Message 23 of 36
ElizaBen
Established Member

Happy April... Hello to nice weather finally (if you live on the East Coast) Smiley Happy

So, I am trying to go back into the garden and hopefully I can stay there for more than just a few short weeks.  I ventured out an app'd for the AMEX ED card and got denied (assuming for the balance I still have on one of my other AMEX cards). 

Starting Score:
EQ-690, TU-705, EX-695
Current Score: EQ-772, TU-755, EX-768
Goal Score: 800+ Across ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 36
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Checking in for April 2015....steadily working on lowering UTI, because of  it I have seen credit score increases over the past few days and one slight decrease of 4 points for a balance reduction and percentage reduction (didn't quite understand that) but none the less I have graduated to the Yellow Score Tier Smiley Happy Heart

Good luck everyone!!!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! Your credit score went up by 100 points in 6 months! Way to go! How did you do it?

Message 26 of 36
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Zorasmiles wrote:

Hello!  I'm checking in for April!  After a brief trip out of the garden I'm back and plan on being here for a while LOL JK

Your sig is so true.  Take care.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 27 of 36
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning,

It is a bit too soon to check in for April, at least for me.  This morning I made my first payment on my cards for the month.  But am a little worried because for March my credit took a dip (down to 524; 542; 547). I was excited when i saw my credit score get closer to the 600 number (It was 577; 598; 592).  The drop was due to utilization and a hard inquiry from Chase my score dropped ;(

I will come back in the middle of April and will update my progress. 

Trying to staying positive here.

Have a good day to all!!

Don't worry.  The utilization change in scores can be managed, and you can raise the scores when you need to for things such as mortgage app, auto loan app, cc apps.  Take care.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Stats:

Message 28 of 36
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@jai8694 wrote:

Just checking in for April. I paid my last collection off last month-IQ Data, they just refused to budge. Funny thing now is they have reported on the 5th of every month like clockwork and now when I was checking to make sure it shows paid-NOTHING! Anyway I will wait a little longer. Last month I was also approved via SCT for 3 Comenity cards. They are 3 I will actually use and have used Simply Be, Marisota, and VS. I am now done with that. I dont want a whole lot of store cards because I dont want it to hurt in the long run. Ultimate goal is to purchase house in the next 2 years.

I know I don't have any signature cards opened at the time but I have planned to garden until May of 2017. I see my scores staring to climb and I just dont want to do anything that would affect them in an adverse way.  At that time all my old collections that I have paid off will be dropping off anyway ( I paid them because I had initially planned to get a house in a year but that has since changed since I want chance at best intrest rate possible and a credit report free of inquiries seeing as NFCU frowns on inquiries 6-8 months prior to application.) Also, I believe the 2 secured cards, auto loan, shares loan and 3 store cards are more than enough to "build" on. Also, one of those secured cards I will be adding to towards the end of the month to in order to have a 5k limit.  Trying to help with utilization and and make myself look good to lenders when I do decide to step out of the garden in 2 years and to help with those purchases that may exceed my daily purch limit with debit card.

I had 2 downers this month: one was denial from NFCU for auto refinance. I should have listened to Creditaddict and waited 6 months but I let the agent talk me into applying while I was opening accounts for my kids. I found out there is too much negative equity in the loan. It's 08 in very good condition but I still owe too much for it to be considered for refinance. It's okay though..I plan to pay it off in the next year and give it to my son after I get my house.

Other downer but not so much was care credit denial. I'm in need of some dental work and tried to go this route. It didnt work out for me though but I'm all good. Its probably for the best seeing as I have about $600 monthly in past medical debt I am trying to keep off my credit. All of the creditors accepted my monthly payment amount (as small as it may be to some) in exchange for not adding to my credit. I was thrilled with that considering this is medical debt from 1st quarter 2014. For 2 of them they received the check literally days into turing over to collector and giving the okay to report. They had to recall the accounts. I plan to try and send more to them if I can to pay off in less than the year I budgeted for and free up those funds for savings. I consider myself lucky considering it seems as though everyone I know is getting slammed with medical collections like crazy...and for small amounts like $18.00,$52, $116! I would just about die to see small amounts like that on my credit report from sheer stupidity.

Any way, as usual, I will continue to check in monthly and continue to browse all the topics. There is a wealth of information on here and I kick myself in the behind practically daily wishing I would have gotten serious and applied some of this knowledge years before instead of just reading, but you know what they say, better late than never!

Oh one more thing, I have decided to update my EQ score to the myfico 04 model score. I pay for that one direct with EQ and I have noticed that that score matches EXACTLY with NFCU and it gives me my true score in regards to home buying. Since that is my ultimate goal thats the score I care most about. Besides, as it continues to rise then I know the the fico 08 will rise as it is a full 27 points higher than the 04 model.

In closing scores as of today April 07, 2015: EQ 04 509/08 536//TU 534//EX 542

Wow, you are making a lot of progress.  Congrats!

Current Cards:
Loans:
Stats:

Message 29 of 36
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi I'm new to this forum as of today. Tryn to get my credit back on track. So sayn hi to everyone and I'll be on here for a while to come.

Hello to you and welcome aboard.Smiley Happy

Current Cards:
Loans:
Stats:

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.