Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

April 2019 Check In Thread

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: April 2019 Check In Thread

Reached my Fico 08 goal of 850 and have held it for a few months now. No particular reason to reach 850 other than the fact I clawed my way back from the cellar so it was a milestone of achievement for rebuilding my credit life. Smiley Happy My rebuild journey started in 2001 and it was slow as I worked my way through the recovery process. The journey took eight years until I was approved for a big bank credit card. Even then, quality cards did not come my way until the 'big bad' dropped from the CBs (note: I did not realize forums such as this existed with many helps so I learned through the school of hard knocks and how to kick credit bureaus to the curb).

Message 2 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Reached my Fico 08 goal of 850 and have held it for a few months now. No particular reason to reach 850 other than the fact I clawed my way back from the cellar so it was a milestone of achievement for rebuilding my credit life. Smiley Happy

Wow!  Congrats on your score(s)......I see your beginning score as 000, lol.  How long did it take?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning fellow MF'ers. Slow and steady wins the race. Still have not obtained the 700 club just yet. Scores going up and down. But staying steady right around the 690 area. Giving myself another 2 months to get where I need to be. I have closed a couple of dead end cards which seemed to go no where. I have watched my scores lose 50 pts and gain back 40 points within the last 2 months. I know what its like to have a high balance report to my report. Continuing the journey while showing my kids the importance of credit (something I never learned). Great journey and enjoying the process. 

And I had to go back and update to the silver spade. 

Message 4 of 25
calyx
Super Contributor

Good morning MFers

I had a heck of a month - my car died, so I got a new car - a year earlier than planned, but thanks to working on my credit report and score, I got a good promo rate from my credit union.    I had three financial goals for the year:  1.  Finish my CD/emergency fund ladder 2.  have a positive net worth and 3. pay down 10k in student loans.   

Because of the car, I will definitely not meet 1 & 2, but I will just adjust #2 to "having a positive net worth, not taking the car loan into consideration."  1 is going to be skipped because my ladder is every three months and I will not have saved what I wish for the next rung on my time table.  No big loss.

Overall, though - things keep improving - I got my goal card, the CSP  in March, and my scores continue to rise, as baddies fall off.    My partner added me as an AU to his credit card, which has definitely helped with the average age and gotten me a few points that I can see at Experian (TU should pull in a couple of days, and I will do a 3B pull in a week and a half when some stuff reports and settles).

My biggest goal at this time is to stay in the garden for 6 months.   I should see a good number of inquiries become unscorable, everything should age nicely, all of my derogatories will have fallen off of EX & EQ, and my Disco will be a year old, so I'll probably go for the AMEX BCP since I buy enough groceries to make it work for me, even with the annual fee.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! 🙋🏽‍♀️
March was interesting. My scores were flatlined but then I paid off one of two collections that I had and I reached the 700 club during the last week of the month (on 2 bureaus. TU hasn't updates yet).
I'm liking the 700s. It just... feels right. 😁

I'm feeling pretty confident that I can hit my goal scores.

I did get laid-off work but my last day isn't until May 31st. I think that with the severance I think I should be okay. My only current worry is that they are now trying to fire me to prevent paying out the severance. 😂🤣😂🤣 um... no! 😠

If all goes well, I hope to pick up a couple of extra points this month just from aging but not much else.

I haven't pulled my scores for this month yet. I should be able to get an update of my scores on the 5th (CCT).

Happy April myFICOers!! 😊
Message 6 of 25
CramEiko
Established Contributor

So, 268 days until Christmas!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian updated with my last cc payment today. Hit 30% overall util on my cards, just missed the 28.99% Smiley Sad BUT!!!! My mortgage score went up to 673! Its my first ever score in the "good" range and first time ever seeing yellow on my scores! I'm pumped. My FICO 8 is still 648 but my mortgage score is what I care about right now. Cant wait for my 3b update on the 6th to see all my new mortgage scores! Will update with this month goals once I know what's updated and happened with my scores from last month. LO is pulling scores this week for app.
Message 8 of 25
Crysis
New Contributor

Progress is slow, but it’s progress!
I paid off a baddie, and my score has gone up over 500. I was hoping to pass 600 this year, but am not sure that will be possible.
This month, continuing to pay bills on time will be a thing, and there are a couple of baddies I want to make headway with. Good luck all!
In the garden since 06 Nov, 2020. Plan to stay til March/April to get one more card for the AZEO, then garden for at least a year.
New acquisitions
Kohls 0/300 Nov2020
Capital One 25/300 0ct 2020
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Finally got my April scores update. Low 700s across all bureaus. EQ was about 11 points higher a week or so ago and has gone down a bit but still in the 700s.
Still facing an end of May layoff but now they are trying to deny severance. 😱
We'll see...
Still planning on a move. It makes more sense to move to my planned destination while unemployed and start fresh there rather than finding a temporary job and moving in a year anyway

Happy to be in the 700s!!!!

Hoping to blast past my goal score of 750.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.