Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2020 Check In Thread

tag
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Re: April 2020 Check In Thread

Well, at this point I am dealing with a fraud situation with Discover which is a verification of my account.  I am limited on use of my account and is sitting in a waiting time for release of my account.  Other than this, my scores are slowly moving north which seem to be a milestone.  Hopefully staying in that arena.  Equifax seems to be the monkey on my back (Sorry, had to use this analogy).  They just can not get it right.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking In. 
Had a happy moment happen towards the end of March when, and I'm not sure why or how long it will last, but Transunion dropped the one medical collection off my report and my score jumped 36 points with them! Paid some of my CC balances down and raised the other two 3 points on one and 18 points on the other. Some of my CC don't report either at all or consistently with all 3 bureaus each month, so my scores are all different. Not sure if that's normal or if I need to do something about that to get them to report to all of them the same each month - I'll have to look into that I guess? 

Other than the above, no other movement in a bit. Looking forward to next month to see if  I have any more score changes. 

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doing a follow-up report. Decided to play with the credit bureaus and went AZEO! Results a drop of 25 points (more or less) in all my scores but FICO 2 which increased?! Today, my bone of leaving $5 on one account worked and brought back my 25 points and all my scores increased! Got'ta love it! Yes, others have found similar end results. Eliminated the comment: "Doesn't use credit responsibly" ... oh yeah Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is equifax doing to mess things up?

Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the world of Equifax!

Message 15 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently anything and everything they can.  ie.  yesterday I noticed on my freebie "MyEquifax" they have now turned my 30 day late into a 60 day late without a 30 day late before it.  So I knew "they" screwed up again and had to go to annualcreditreport.com to see how my late was reported.  It is still being reported as a 30 day late and also on CK it's still a 30 day late............but their MyEquifax is a joke.  That's just one thing they do, others can attest to worse or a search can show all the annoyances forum members have had to deal with to get their cr's straightened out.

Do you have a problem on your EQ report?  If so, what?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid April Check-in! 

Had a happy moment yesterday! Got a notice that I had a change in my score so I went to check. My Experian FICO 8 score jumped 56 pts with my update credit card payoffs. Now I'm sitting at 618 (previously 562). Now I'm just waiting for TU and equifax to catch up! 😈

Message 17 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous  That's a nice big bump, congrats!  Let's hope the others hurry up and do the sameSmiley Wink

Message 18 of 32
Hut1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the world of Equifax!

My Equifax is bullet-proof. Doesn't go down.. doesn't go up. 🤨

download

Message 19 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@tricie17 wrote:

Well, at this point I am dealing with a fraud situation with Discover which is a verification of my account.  I am limited on use of my account and is sitting in a waiting time for release of my account.  Other than this, my scores are slowly moving north which seem to be a milestone.  Hopefully staying in that arena.  Equifax seems to be the monkey on my back (Sorry, had to use this analogy).  They just can not get it right.

Sorry to read about the Fraud.......hopefully it will pan out.   Yeah Equifax likes their little monkeys throwing the darts.Smiley Very Happy and poking holes in our cr's.  Good luck with that!

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.