Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Check in Thread

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

April Check in Thread

Spring is here! Happy April  Fools Day!  I'm confident that this month you all have hit your stride and are gearing up for a great summer!

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. 

How did the month of March treat your finances? Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2014?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
rothrim
Established Member

Re: April Check in Thread

March was great for me.  I was approved for a few small store cards and low credit line unsecured credit cards.  Ive been lurking around the forums to see what else I can do to improve my score. 

Also, how do i get the little credit card icons/pics in my signature?

BK Chapter 7 Discharged 12/31/2015
Starting Score: EQ: 522 TU: 469 EX: 503
Current Score: EQ: 562 TU: 549 EX: 527 (02/19/16)
Goal Score: 700 Across the board
Message 2 of 25
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Only in the garden for the last couple of weeks, but finished up the prep work and hoping the seedlings will begin to grow.  Have definitely been tempted to step out, but came back to my senses. 

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 25
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

@rothrim wrote:

March was great for me.  I was approved for a few small store cards and low credit line unsecured credit cards.  Ive been lurking around the forums to see what else I can do to improve my score. 

Also, how do i get the little credit card icons/pics in my signature?

Here's the link to the thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td...

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 4 of 25
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

March was an incredible month for me.  My plan was to find a BT card and apply for Amex but it snowballed into an app spree and CLI requests.  I met a lot of goals this month so now setting new ones.

My app spree resulted in new Amex, Citi and Barclay cards (after some recon work and 4 total HPs) as well as using shopping cart trick for Express.  I successfully increased my CLI on Kohl's and Bankamericard.  Doing all this my total CL has more than tripled and is now over $23k and util went down from 60% to 28%.   I also added my daughter as an AU on a card to start her on credit education and financial responsibility (it's a 'birthday gift'). 

New goals include getting amex 3x CLI on day 61 (not sure if that'll work with new TLs and the inquiries), GARDENING!!, paying down balances and limiting my use on my cards.  I don't want to be overwhelmed with credit card debt anymore!  Still have a goal score of 750 on all 3 reports.  I'll check them after new TLs start reporting. 

Message 5 of 25
Crisis
Established Contributor

I spent March in the Garden, and got my Bronze spade.  I was making progress toward paying down cc debt, but a new job sort of knocked me down.  My Util went up significantly in the last week due to some unexpected expenses, but I'll get them knocked down.  I needed new clothes for a new job, had to go away for some training, and my cell stopped working.  I got a new job with a higher salary.  Investing in my future.

I paid off and closed my first premier.  I got a PC from Cap1 Platinum to QS. 

My next steps: Double down on the CC debt.  I want that paid off ASAP.  Continue with GW efforts through Cap1 to try to get the two nearly 4 year old lates removed

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 6 of 25
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new job! 

Message 7 of 25
bhartline2612
Established Member

I was approved for my home loan.  I am just waiting for it to be built.  I hope to close early July.  I am continuing to pay down my credit cards.  I got a position teaching summer school.  That money will help while I adjust to my new expenses.  My scores are up to 650 & 641.  

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: 682
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 25
hockeyguy5

March was a net neutral for me. I did have a few unexpected expenses that have dwindled my emergency fund, but aside from that all is well.

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: EX: 632 EQ: 633 TU: 597
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 25
tavalon
Established Member

As of the 11th, I will have brought all of my cards below $10 utilization. The only one I'm using differently is a card I'm using for points on groceries and I'm almost paying that off before it even has any on it. In all, I'm where I want to be. Now I'd like to see  a jump in my FICO.

Terri

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.