Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2015 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

August 2015 Check In Thread

We're now officially 3/4 of the year complete! Crazy to think, right? There are still 4 more months left, so don't be discouraged if you haven't completed everything that you've set for yourself to do this year. Remember to start thinking now about Christmas. A novel idea I heard just recently from a family is that a mom asked her children if they wanted gifts or a trip instead. They choose every year, and every year they choose the trip. It's all about the experiences with our family, not our financially taxing tokens to them of affection. 

Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones? Either way, are you closer this month to your goals?  I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have we progressed as far as we hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule? Anything you think is appropriate to add is what we want to hear about. 

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself kudos for having it all together.

Let us know how you're doing. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August 2015 Check In Thread

Well it has been a challenge but I made the Ruby and have held firm to no new apps. My goal (for the heck of it) is to hit 850 on the 300 to 850 FICO 08 Score. Don't have any reason other than as a personal challenge. Would like to app for the Barclay Ring and Chase AARP Cards but I will live without them as I have other cards to really cover the action! SO the Challenge has kept me on top of what I am doing.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope everyone had a productive July!  Well, cc balance went from $5011 down to $3191.  I was still hoping to have it all paid off by end of the summer, but I had something come up.  I need to have my bathtub and floor replaced in the main bath downstairs.  I've got a friend who does remodeling on the side after retireing from that line of work that is coming through for me.  I'm hoping to get the bath replaced and new flooring down for $1000.  Unfortunately, that only puts $600 toward my goal of paying off the cc.  Oh well, at least it's still going down and I can pay cash for the bath.  Part time job hours are going to be lower in the month of August too!  I've planned in my budget for that, but it still stinks!  I'll check back in next month.  See ya!!

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know why the icon does not show up in my siggy? Thanks.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I think I have solved this problem by myself. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 24
dallas06
Established Member

Its August 2015 and here's my check-in for the month. I was successful in getting two judgments paid and satisfied.

I thought my scores would change but after reading here i realize this wont happen. However, i learned i could try to get

these vacated but im having problems finding information on how to file this with which form.

I added a Line of Credit $4000 and 3 Credit cards 1) walmart $600, 2) wells fargo $500, and 3) US bank $500. At this time

im in the garden until May 2016. I saw a drop in my credit score but i needed the credit to help me build and improve my score.

Lets see what September brings im making slow progess that im happy to report.

Buying a house
Message 6 of 24
jasiono
Established Member

Hello everyone

I pretty much hit the slower part of my climb up to a higher score, but up is better than down!

Currently my scores are:

Equifax - 612

TransUnion - 615

Experian - 594

I just had 2 updates in the past two days. Still waiting on Experian to catch up. 

All I am doing is paying my bills on time. 

I did get my goodwill letter responses back. Needless to say, I will send them out again next week.

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: EQ612, TU615, EX594
Goal Score: 650+ Across The Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The light at the end is looking clearer! I paid off my Old Navy Card which only brought my score up a little bit according to CreditKarma. However, I applied for two more CapOne cards (QuickSilver and Journey) and was approved for both at $500 CL each! This has brought my CU down from 86% this morning to (estimate) +-56%.

I also got a full time job which pays well for an 18 year old, this plus confidence means that I should be past my goal of 650 and in the 700 club in no time!

I do have one question for the people that have all three scores in their siggy: Where do you get your scores every month? Do you pay for them on the bureaus' websites?

Message 8 of 24
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Whoa!  Checking in (late) for August.  I saw a 3 point increase from TU, 1 point decrease from EX and a 14 point INCREASE from EQ bringing me to the first over 700 score I've had that I've seen with my own eyes!  I took a picture just so I have proof haha  So at some point I'll probably update my goal score.  I got some lates removed from Navient so I'm guessing that's where that jump came from and hopefully the other CBs will follow suit.

Since I will be moving to a new city and starting a new job soon, my goal for now is to save for a deposit for a rental.  Once I start the new job, I'm going to focus on paying off my 0% interest balances and saving for my trip to Italy in 2016!!!

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, already the 9th of August and kids are getting ready for back to school here.  November will be a year since my first official app spree.  Time surely does fly!  Hope everyone is doing well. Woman Wink

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.