Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Re: August 2019 Check In Thread

Well - it's looking like I'll be stuck in the 780's again this month.    Next month's Util will be under 9% and AZEO so we shall see if that get's me closer to the promised land.

I hope all you challengers are doing well - and not just credit score wise - there is a lot more to life.    Like listening to 8o's music !!!!!  Yeaaa baby!  Pour some sugar on me !

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well ... it was time and my closed account dating back to 2001 and closed in 2009 dropped from the credit bureaus and my AAoA went to 14 years. Waiting for the other shoe to drop on my Fico 8 Scores. So far they have held?
Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
I know I’m late to the challenge, I’m starting today. Figured I’d try and pick up now so that at the top of the year I could assess my planning. It’s been such a journey to be honest, I’ve been discouraged.
Seems like I just can’t get this credit thing completely right.

June 2018 started out with 560s across the board . Racked up on 8 inquiries trying to get a car. Eventually I got one. With the help of my car payments and student loans I was able to get to a 605. Mom made me an authorized user on a card that had high utilization and it dropped me down 50pts. Couldn’t get any pfd or any negative closed accounts removed, nothing went smoothly, hard No everywhere I went.
Applied for a $200 secured discover card and paid 1000 down on car payments brought me up to 615 , 598, 617 fico 8

It’s an uphill battle, with TransUnion being my lowest scores. Goal is to hang in the garden until this time next year , try again with collections and CO. Continue paying my card, student loans and car payment on time.

End of year goal is a reach but I’m shooting for 650 across the board. Going to push hard with these collections and charge offs and closed accounts. Shooting for the moon and hoping to at least land amongst the stars 🤷🏽‍♀️

Best of wishes to everyone.
Message 33 of 44
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@Distressed_nurse18,

Hello and welcome back. Your pain is palpable. Have you posted the details of your rebuild on the Rebuilding forum? I don't know much about PFD/goodwill/etc. because my delinquencies aren't candidates for those techniques, so I have no choice but to wait the seven years. I do know that your scores won't fully recover until your seven year history is completely free of delinquencies. That recent 30d late car payment is going to keep your scores low for the next seven years. Have you called the company to ask for a one time removal? A lot of credit card companies will do this, but I don't know about car loans.

Also, on the Rebuilding forum, you might also want to ask about your credit cards. I know that three cards helps the most, so if the Discover it secured card is your only card, you may be helped by adding two more cards. However, it sounds like you have a lot of inquiries; depending on how recent they are, you may need to carefully time your applications. The folks on the Rebuilding forum can also help you identify cards that will graduate. I don't know much about this, but I do know that you should stay away from subprime lenders - they can actually lower your scores.

As for the AU, I wouldn't bother. From what I've read, it may seem to raise your score, but lenders will exclude the AU information when making a decision, so it won't actually affect your credit-worthiness.

Last, good job staying on top of your student loans. If you can fix that car payment, then you'll have a solid record for the last few months (year?), which is a really good start to your rebuild. There's no magic bullet, just 100% PIF for 7 years. I wish I could say it goes fast, but you can make a game of it: reviewing your credit reports, watching bad information age off, and enjoying all the learning in the process. Best wishes to you.

Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi VanderSnoot,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I appreciate all advice. I have posted before in the rebuilding forums but I plan on updating and really tackling the collections one by one. I have I think, 4 open collections but it’s the charge offs that are a lot.
I do plan on reaching out to the folks managing my car loan because it’s been a year and only one late payment I would see if they could forgive it.
I have 4 inquiries that will age off next year in June so I think I’ll wait until at least January before applying for new cards but I definitely will look into two more cards that will graduate as you suggest and only considering secured cards that I know I will get approved for.

Gosh 7 years seems such a long time, I guess 7 years for perfect credit isn’t such a bad trade. I already see major improvements with the little changes, so I know it will keep getting better with dedication.

Thanks so much for your encouraging words and advice.
Message 35 of 44
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gosh 7 years seems such a long time, I guess 7 years for perfect credit isn’t such a bad trade. I already see major improvements with the little changes, so I know it will keep getting better with dedication.

Oh gosh, I know it seems like ...f...o...r...e...v...e...r... lol. I found two things that help: (1) Get yourself on the right track, and then forget all about credit. Your credit report rarely matters in life, and the months go by a lot faster when you're not obsessing about it. Check in every 3 months or so by reading your credit report and talking to folks here, and continue to PIF, but that's it. (2) Read older threads, like from 2011, where people are complaining that they have to wait another whole three years -- all the way to 2014! Haha, it puts it in perspective: yes it will take a while, but the time will pass, and you (and I and everyone here) will rebuild.

I think your plan to post again is a good one. Make sure you get your free annual credit reports first, so that you know what information is reported to which bureau, and so that you can accurately present information here and get the best advice.

Good luck and enjoy your weekend!

Message 36 of 44
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

@Lucifer wrote:

Well - it's looking like I'll be stuck in the 780's again this month.    Next month's Util will be under 9% and AZEO so we shall see if that get's me closer to the promised land.

I hope all you challengers are doing well - and not just credit score wise - there is a lot more to life.    Like listening to 8o's music !!!!!  Yeaaa baby!  Pour some sugar on me !

Nothing like some good Tears for Fears or Depeche Mode or U2.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 37 of 44
Camps
Valued Member

Hi all, I would like join the challenge as well. Most of this below is in the credit rebuilding section, but I'll just add a lot of it here since this is my first "official" notice that I am in the journey.

"Here is where I stand as of 8/24/19. (I sub to the myfico premier)

Ex - 602

TU - 594

EQ - 550"

I have 3 very bad collections that I will try to work on over the course of the next 18 months. Meanwhile, I have a few secured cards that I am maxed on, which looks totally awful. I am, as the kids say, "in my feelings" every day thinking about it. 

The good thing is that I should be in a position to pay off at least $3000 of debt in the next 3 months. I'll report back in September.

Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

My goal is to garden.
Message 39 of 44
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My goal is to garden.

Mine too.......Good Luck and post back your progress.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.