Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August 2019 Check In Thread--Big increase

I applied for a loan on June 24th of this  year and discovered that my middle mortgage score was 661.  I was upset because I thought the FICO8 score was the one they used and it was a 710.  Well it is not.  So, I held off on the loan and did my research on here and followed everyone's advice.  In a total of 6 weeks, here are the changes in my scores:  Equifax Fico8: 718/778 with a Fico5 of 661/753; TransUnion: Fico--717/782 with Fico 4 of 711/774; and Equifax of FICO8--718/776 and FICO2 of 661/747.  My middle mortgage score went from a 661 to a 753!!!  Huge difference in interest rates.  The primary factor was credit usage on credit cards.  I paid them off.  Thanks for all of the advice guys.

Message 21 of 44
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Re: August 2019 Check In Thread

@CramEiko wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@CramEiko wrote:

I did get a few sp CL bumps today on 3 lines for a total of $16,300  in bumps. Thank you BoA and Citi. 

Wow! I'll be glad when I can get those kind of bumps. Congrats!!!!

@LauraC - It's been a long time. Request a CLI from Citi every 6 months or so. This time I asked them after 7 months (7mo 3days). BoA is a strange cookie IMHO*** - I really dislike the APR% on my card but It's growing nicely. Maybe in 6 mo I'll request an APR drop. Has anyone had any luck with an APR drop with BoA?

Good Luck Everyone!

Another bombshell just hit. Thankfully on the SP Plus side of bombshells.... If anyone has PenFed, check your offers. You may or may not be getting a nice surprise. I am still trying to recover from  SP CLI shock!

"THANKS GARDEN!"

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August 2019 Check In Thread--Big increase

Now my Fico 8 is: Equifax: 792, TransUninion 787, and Experian is 776.  I cannot say thank you enough to this group for absolutely sound advice.  

Message 23 of 44
brandonm
Valued Member

First time posting in the Fitness Challenge.

Overall, very dissatisfied with the scores I retrieved today. I know it's majorly because of my credit utilization, which is above 100%. DW and I are expecting a fairly large windfall gain here this month. All of it will be going to paying off credit cards. If all goes the way I think it will, we should be CC debt free by the end of December 2019. With no payments to worry about, this could give DW and I to get a decent nest egg up to where we want it to be.

DW graduates with her bachelor's in December, and plans to get a Masters. (We're both 21 years old). We still have some time, but will be planning a move near March 2020, after she graduates and (fingers crossed) gets accepted to a Masters program. That move is another thing we'll need to save up for. I'm optimistic about the future.

Message 24 of 44
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

My FAKO vantage scores always roll in first in a new month - and they are at 795.      I'm tracking my F8.    Recently the FAKO has been trailing the FICO but there was a large jump when going from 13% util to 11% util.    

Next score to report is my F9.  

F8's are still 10+ days out......    Not expecting my goal yet but should be crossing into the 790's ( i think, i hope)

Good luck y'all.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 44
Caramelhunnyva
New Contributor

So far so good. Trying to carve out a good budget considering new house! Just paid my first mortgage payment (Woo-hoo). But getting set up etc is costly. Still plugging along to not get myself back in serious debt
Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 26 of 44
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

I have to wait until the end of the month and everything reports to see if any increase.   BUT......I have never ever ever received anything other than subprime CC offers as far as pre-qualifying apps.  I have four rebuilder cards, so I am waiting until my scores are good enough for a card I can grow with.   But today I received this when I went on their site.  It has a big annual fee, so not interested.  But is this a solid offer?  If so, my spirits have been lifted as I feel like I'm going nowhere this month scorewise.  And I'm sick of the horrible bottom-of-the-barrel credit card offers coming in the mail.  It is depressing.   

(Name redacted), check out this pre-qualified offer!

Even better, the Card you've matched with has exceptional perks so don't wait.

American Express® Gold Card Reward Your Appetite For Life

Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points

after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.†

Payment Flexibility
Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.‡¤
Annual Fee
$ 250¤†

american express gold card

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 27 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I am currently starting my rebuild. I had a clean profile until I moved from NY to SC unexpectedly due to a company aquisition. I had my car with no payment for 6 years and its starting to break down to the point that repairs are more than the car value. So I decided to stop avoiding and ignoring my scores because within the next year I would need a new car, which means a car loan. My current scores are EQ: 528 TU: 530 EX: 528. I currently have 7 derogs (collections total about  $3500) and I plan on paying those off by the end of the year. My CC utilization is currently at 150% which will be down by the end of fall. My oldest account is 3 1/2 years old and is in good standing, I also have student loans which were acquired in 2017 and ongoing. I just really want to take control of my finances at this point. I would like my scores to be good enough for a car loan with a decent APR by March/Apr 2020. Is that a reasonable expectation? Am I on the right track to clean my profile up?

Message 28 of 44
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am currently starting my rebuild. I had a clean profile until I moved from NY to SC unexpectedly due to a company aquisition. I had my car with no payment for 6 years and its starting to break down to the point that repairs are more than the car value. So I decided to stop avoiding and ignoring my scores because within the next year I would need a new car, which means a car loan. My current scores are EQ: 528 TU: 530 EX: 528. I currently have 7 derogs (collections total about  $3500) and I plan on paying those off by the end of the year. My CC utilization is currently at 150% which will be down by the end of fall. My oldest account is 3 1/2 years old and is in good standing, I also have student loans which were acquired in 2017 and ongoing. I just really want to take control of my finances at this point. I would like my scores to be good enough for a car loan with a decent APR by March/Apr 2020. Is that a reasonable expectation? Am I on the right track to clean my profile up?

@Anonymous - try posting in the rebuilding forum. You'll get more feedback.

@Jannelo - likewise, try posting in the applications or CC forums for more feedback (if you haven't already). I'm not sure how Amex prequal offers work, so I can't help you.

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! It's been a while. I've updated my signature with my current scores. I took a pretty big hit last month or so but finally things are on the up and up again. I have big news, too: I just found out yesterday that Chase prequalified me for three offers! The Slate, Freedom, and Freedom Unlimited! I genuinely forgot that I'm 4/24 but I'm going to hold off until I hear back from Capital One. Today I'm sending out another goodwill in hopes they will remove any of my lates from 2016. I have six and I think even if they removed one it would help. I'm sending the letter out today. I might try again with SallieMae but I don't think they'll ever budge and I really don't see the point in adding customer comments on the loan. Grrr.
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.