Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2020 Check In Thread

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Re: August 2020 Check In Thread

Just checking in for August😊 I'm slowly getting closer to beginning to tackle that student loan with full force. My final credit card payment will be in September. Then I can devote all efforts to the SL. I admit I'm kind of blah this month. I'm still determined but just losing some steam I guess. It's probably dread. Anyway, sending positive vibes to everyone for the month. I hope everyone has great progress towards all of your goals!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tonya-E Looking over your card lineup and FICO Scores ... you have a great herd and scores. Congrats!
Message 12 of 34
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Tonya-ELooking over your card lineup and FICO Scores ... you have a great herd and scores. Congrats!

Thanks @Anonymous and back at you for your score! I'm actually hoping to get rid of 2-3 cards at some point. It's just not a high priority right now. I'm just trying to pay off as much debt as possible. I want a clean slate. If I can maintain a decent score in the process all the better. 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well back for a 2nd update this month. My fico 9 Equifax updated from a 697 to 710 and here's the big jump for me, fico 9 Experian jumped from 628 to 696!!! I know it's more about overall profile but just seeing a boost in my score made me feel like I won Miss universe 🤣

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well back for a 2nd update this month. My fico 9 Equifax updated from a 697 to 710 and here's the big jump for me, fico 9 Experian jumped from 628 to 696!!! I know it's more about overall profile but just seeing a boost in my score made me feel like I won Miss universe 

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy Thank You!!! Good Vibes and positively are contagious, in a good way of course lol!!!

Message 16 of 34
VadorableY

Hello,

@Kenny I'm trying to join the challenge, but can't seem to add the HTML link to my signature box.  I've followed the steps to get to my personal profile but I don't see where to past the HTML into the signature box.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 850

Message 17 of 34
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Hey just private message me what you want it to be (numbers wise) and I'll add it. It's because your title on the board is new member; don't worry though that will change as you post and read the forum over time. 

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp, my financially irresponsible roommate decided he was not going to take care of the rent due August 1st despite me giving my portion every month. He wasnt going to tell me but I found out once I got a email stating we were delinquent. So I ended up paying it in full myself, on the 7th, in fear of getting put out with our child and my credit being ruined.

Its been a rough week....

Message 19 of 34
fashionj76
Established Member

Hello Community! 

This is my first challenge and checkin.  I've been working for a few months now with some success on my credit but now I am getting a little discouraged.  I can not seem to get the heck out of the 500s!  I am trying to buy a house in the next 6 months to no more than a year from now.  I really don't want to apply for any more credit to be denied when I am trying to buy a house, but I don't know what the next steps should be. So here are my current stats.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

My current salary is $112,000

Current Scores: TU 605 (FICO 566) / Ex 589/ EQ 608 (FICO 567) 

Collections:

*Comcast: assigned 6/26/2017 $480

*Apartment (National Credit Audit) assigned: 3/15/2016 $9,356 (it was remove from TU but not the other CRAs and I don't have this amount to pay. This company does not respond)

*Medical assigned 4/26/2020 (this one I have a pending dispute with EQ and BBB.  They refuse to remove it although it was already paid to the OC (hospital).  TU has removed this tradeline)

Accounts: 

NFCU CC: Closed $5861 still reporting and has offered me a settlement letter

Student loans: $50K (deferred) 

Dept of Ed/Navient: Closed but reporting negative on CRAs for  90 days late 8/2015. Balance is $0. 

Inquiries: 4 (2 Dept of Ed 2019/ BOA 2020/ Rental app 2020)

Starting Score: Exp 564 Eq 567 Trans 587
Previous Score: FICO- Exp 611 Eq 589 Trans 618 Current Score: FICO - Exp 612 Trans 623 Eq 591
Goal Score: 800s

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.