Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2021 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

August 2021 Check-In Thread

august-horoscope_garance_dore – Get IN Chicago

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that popped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a judgment-free zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August 2021 Check-In Thread

Staying the course maintaining the scores. Really no new cards but a couple may catch my eye!
Looking for company with stories on how your credit life is progressing.

My frustration is Experian as they seem to adjust the scores when EQ and TU do not? Makes me wonder?
Message 2 of 7
RA26
New Contributor

July went a little crazy. We overspent a bit on a weekend. So I had to pull some extra money from our savings to keep on top of our cc. 

Plus, we found a great deal on an exercise bike, which we have been looking for. So if we get it, we will pay it off next month and just push one of my credit cards back one month on its pay off goal date. I keep going back and forth. 

I will have another credit card paid off next week! 3 months ahead of the original, goal. The other one is scheduled for November payoff!  We also lowered two bills: our tv bill (all because I called to find out if we had any fees if we canceled our account which we were looking at doing to switch to hulu live) and we lowered our cell phone bill but only by a few dollars. Still, it's like 50$ more towards our debt snowball. 

Two of my cards gave me a credit limit increase as well. One by $50 dollars (it's a store card. I'm canceling it in a couple months) and the other by 500. Which is funny because in October I'm was planning on BT from that card and close it out to one of my new ones that will give me 18 months 0% interest for a BT. I guess it heard me. However, I am not even tempted to use it what's so ever. 

Now my current utilization is 61% compared ot 87% at the start of the year. It's still slow going.

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally did it, I keep AZEO all year, and I got approved for the Amex gold today. I'm so thankful for this community.

Message 4 of 7
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

Rather new to this community. Credit rookie (but not newbie). Goals for the next 12 consecutive calendar months:

1. stay put in the Garden (and resist that da**ed Apple! LOL)

2. let my three credit cards age (one from December, 2019; one from April, 2021; and one from July, 2021)

3. monitor my three credit reports (COVID has afforded us the weekly access through April, 2022 if I am not mistaken)

4. take corrective actions on the one baddie on my credit report

5. educate myself more and more

6. maintain healthy and positive activity in this forum (I tend to dive VERY deep into things...not always the healthiest process for me)

7. would love to see FICO scores (all of them...not just FICO8) improve some in this calendar year, 2021

8. become "more useful and helpful" to other members in this forum

9. Maintain solid bugeting (not sure if I am allowed to use the budgeting software that I use but I LOVE it)

10. Keep my credit card utilization at AZEO and around my standard 1%- 4%

There it is! I put it in writing! Now, gotta do it. All the world has seen this now (well, y'all know what I mean).

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

Rather new to this community. Credit rookie (but not newbie). Goals for the next 12 consecutive calendar months:

1. stay put in the Garden (and resist that da**ed Apple! LOL)

2. let my three credit cards age (one from December, 2019; one from April, 2021; and one from July, 2021)

3. monitor my three credit reports (COVID has afforded us the weekly access through April, 2022 if I am not mistaken)

4. take corrective actions on the one baddie on my credit report

5. educate myself more and more

6. maintain healthy and positive activity in this forum (I tend to dive VERY deep into things...not always the healthiest process for me)

7. would love to see FICO scores (all of them...not just FICO8) improve some in this calendar year, 2021

8. become "more useful and helpful" to other members in this forum

9. Maintain solid bugeting (not sure if I am allowed to use the budgeting software that I use but I LOVE it)

10. Keep my credit card utilization at AZEO and around my standard 1%- 4%

There it is! I put it in writing! Now, gotta do it. All the world has seen this now (well, y'all know what I mean).

You are working the credit score system (FICO, Vantage or whatever). One thing that has helped some of us is paying all but say one credit card to zero and leavng a small under 8+% balance to report (more or less). FICO sees credit usage and rewards you with higher scores. You say why? The credit scoring systems want to see active credit usage and yet, not much. Also, AZEO (paying all balances to zero) will lead to a score drop due to the credit systems reading it as no active credit usage.

Message 6 of 7
Flooded_Genesis
Valued Member

Hi myFico Community! 

I'm new to this community, but a little over a year ago I was in a financial tight spot and found myself with several delinquency's. Since that time, I have resolved those delinquency's and I am currently working to re-establish my credit.

Good Luck to everyone on their credit journey!

https://imgur.com/rYu2gic
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.