Did you mean: 

August Check in Thread

tag
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: August Check in Thread

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I have been looking at this site for several months now and finally decided to take the jump. I have been working on my rebuilding my credit since August 2013. It manage to take a slight leap in February to 640 EQ&TU-619-EX. But since taking out an installment loan in February for 2800 and numerous Medical Bills hitting my account; it has plateau to 543 average. These are my current FICO scores. My Fako scores have me averaging from 573-650. My Cap One CC is at $2000- $1064 balance. Just opened USAA secured for $250.00. My badcock furnitue account is $1400- $400 balance. My car loan is Trulient Federal $503- paid on time.

I have a few medical collections that seem to be dragging it down Bull City Fin..reported these collection account several times a month from April to June, I only need a 620 to qualify for a mortgage. So any suggestions or assistance would be helpful. There are over 18 medical collection being reported. I have paid off over 8 of them. I have sent DV to three companies who are reporting most of the collections. I'm thinking of pulling the EOB's to see what has been paid by the Health Insurance but not sure if that will help.

Overall Goal, VA Mortgage by December 2014!!

Welcome aboard.  You've come to the right place. Have you been to the rebuilding your credit section?  Be sure to post your information in there for better assistance with helping you remove your baddies and moving forward toward your goals.  Also look up HIPPA letters to get some of the medical collections removed.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
diphendrix
Established Member

MODS!

been in the garden since June but havent updated my icon! if someone can help

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 12 of 17
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@diphendrix wrote:

MODS!

I think you update your icon yourself, because you're the one who knows whether or not you've gardened the entire time.  That's why the mod provides the links at the begining of each month with the checking post. Here's a link to the August check-in http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-August-2014/m-p/3301818/highlight/t...

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
Pragma

June was success...August is AMAZING

I hit my 2014 fitness challenge goals (all 750+) in June.  I doubled down, gamed the system, and thanks to the new scoring model with Equifax, my pipe dream is now a reality!  As of 22 AUG, all FICO scores are 800+!  What pushed me over the edge was getting AMEX to back date cards to 2005 when I first had a Corporate AMEX.  So far they have reported on one AMEX (Delta Platinum) going back to 2005.  The second AMEX (BCP) reports at the end of the month and the AAoA should really go through the roof!

Nov. 2012 - EQ: 676

Nov. 2012 - TU: 669

Aug. 2014 - EQ: 805

Aug. 2014 - TU: 827

Aug 2014 - EX: 808

I even had a brief pull of TU at the start of August with an 850.  I made sure I screen captured that one!

Gardening until Decemeber when I will CLI the BCP to 25k.

What you can learn in these forums can make a huge difference.  I started checking scores in 2012 with no real understanding of how it all works.  Comb the forums and you will find a wealth of information, experiences, and advise that can help you turn your FICO scores around.  

Though FICO FIT now, I will only have a Twinkie or two...once you get there you have to maintain!  Good look to everyone out there...you can reach your goals (and more)!

Message 14 of 17
diphendrix
Established Member

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@diphendrix wrote:

MODS!

I think you update your icon yourself, because you're the one who knows whether or not you've gardened the entire time.  That's why the mod provides the links at the begining of each month with the checking post. Here's a link to the August check-in http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-August-2014/m-p/3301818/highlight/t...

thanks man

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I recently joined Myfico, and started an account to monitor my credit. 

In August of 2012 I couldn't get any normal card as I had a credit score of 530 and 1800$ in hospital bills.

I was approved for the CapOne secured card with a 200$ deposit and obviously that was my limit as well.

I paid on time for 2 years with my balance at around 35% the whole time. They gave me a CLI out of the Blue last month for 550$ making my card have a 750$ limit!

I put on 75$ more via a deposit and waiting for that to post.

I saw my score was 630 which in 2 years was decent but not that great.

I applied for a walmart card seeing as they give CLI every 4 months or so and I do shop there. Got a paltry 300$ but I was greatful to have another credit card finally after 2 years.

Last week:

I noticed there were bills on my account that were in collections that I had no idea of (paid old ones) and those were disputed and deleted. I then saw a HUGE jump to ~720 for all credit bureas except for Equifax cause they decided to split my report for some reason and they werent reporting my CLI or new card. So that was at 685.

I was prequalified for the Chase Slate and Chase freedom and I applied for the freedom and was approved for a CL of 1200$!

I tried to do other prequal but nothing... Im guessing its equifax and the split file.

I sent them info for them to fix it but I plan to garden for 6 months.

If I can bring my score up from 530 to 720 in 2 years anyone can. Patience!

Message 16 of 17
Firstladywilson79
Established Member

Hello fitness challengers,

I believe I started taking this challenge last month and sorry for the last minute August post.

So this month I actually got a 2008 Pontiac G6. I haven't had a car payment since I was 18!! I thought my credit was not good enough to get a car loan but it was ok. My transunion score was 703! I don't know if that was the auto score or the classic score. I don't know what my other scores are right now. Now my goals are to continue to get negatives off my reports and let my current credit cards grow and maybe get increased CI on them.

Starting Score: EQ:638 TU:639 EX:657
Current Score: Myfico: EX: 707; TU: 720; EQ: 701 3/27/15
Goal Score: 720

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.