Did you mean: 

December 2020 Check In Thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: December 2020 Check In Thread

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Glad to see some familiar facesSmiley Happy

Hi Smartie!Monkey Funny Kiss PicturesMaybe it's my glasses but I don't see anyone.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 38
EverForward
Established Contributor

Happy Holidays!

Some improvements in my scores this year, but slow and steady. I've not app'd for any new CC since May 2020, my NFCU secured CC gradulated in Aug 2020, and my Discover secured CC should graduate by Feb 2021(hopefully with a nice CLI). 

My 2021 goals are to obtain a NFCU More Rewards CC, app for a CLI on my NFCU Cash Rewards, and app for an SSL with NFCU later in 2021 to replace my Self loan.

My score improvment since March 2020 when I joined this forum are:

Started    -> Now -> Goal *

EX08 572 -> 667 ->  672
EQ08 598 -> 670 -> 698
TU08 549 -> 644 -> 649
EQ09 622  -> 674 -> 722

* I added 100 to my scores when I joined myFICO but my target scores for 2021 will be 750+ for each, if that's possible?

My BK filing was Dec 2018 and disch Mar 2019, seems like yesterday but is almost 2 years ago. I didn't start my rebuild or app for new credit until Jan of this year.

Should I consider locking my 3 credit files until I get ready to app for another CC?

Thanks for everyones support here!

EDIT: @GApeachy My Discover Secured CC graduated today to a Discover Chrome with CLI from $500 to $1,800.

Updated TCL for all 4 CC is $7,050.

Message 12 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@EverForward wrote:

Happy Holidays!

Should I consider locking my 3 credit files until I get ready to app for another CC?

Happy Holidays back at ya Smiley Happy

First, congrats on the score improvements.  Second, on the unsecuring of your NFCU.  Thirdly, fingers crossed for Disco to unsecure and spread a love all over your cli train ticket. choo choo!

Yeah, to answer your question about locking your cards.  Why not, it's a tiny hurdle to prevent yourself from app'ing and a BIG hurdle for someone to try and wreck your progress.  Now if you want to be really strict, thus preventing impulse app'ing....Freeze those suckers.'

Good luck during the last month of the cr@ppest year eva!  More positivity reaching 2021 and beyond, woot woot!  Good Job so far, kutgw.

Message 13 of 38
EverForward
Established Contributor

Thank you so much for your support @GApeachy . Smiley Happy

I was so happy to get my base cards started this year.  I am being careful to be strict on keeping my balances < 3% at statement cut and paying the min payment immediately after statement cut. I have auto-pay setup on every account as well.

Good point on locking the cards, thanks! I locked all 3, EX, EQ and TU this evening. I'd much rather be safe than sorry... and it's not like I'll be going on app sprees anytime soon.

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to see folks staying the course and working on their credit! As we near the end of the year it feels good to look back and reflect on where we were and where we are now!

Also reminds us of what might be left to do as we look at 2021? Never too late to set goals for the next year. MyFicoer's do get it Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Glad to see some familiar facesSmiley Happy

Hi Smartie!Monkey Funny Kiss PicturesMaybe it's my glasses but I don't see anyone.

Looks a lot like my girl friend?! Smiley FrustratedHeart

Message 16 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous  uh-oh!

Message 17 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@EverForward wrote:

EDIT: @GApeachy My Discover Secured CC graduated today to a Discover Chrome with CLI from $500 to $1,800.

I know!  I saw that and am so happy for you!  Enjoy it when you see it reporting on your cr as an unsecured card...woot woot!!!!

Message 18 of 38
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

December is flying by it seems. No major speed bumps on my end. I don't expect any significant changes for a while. I'll be working on my student loan debt for the long haul. I hope everyone is making progress on their individual goals and that you have a wonderful month!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've decided im not coming out of the garden until at least one of my scores hits 740! Whenever i feel the itch, i do a pre-approval or 2 and call it a day! 🤣🤣 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.