Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2020 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: December 2020 Check In Thread

Rather Late, haven't posted here in months. Tried to apply for some secured lines and got rejected on all fronts.. caused me to fall off the wagon for a while. Got back to work calling debtors and contesting a few items on my credit report debt is down 70%! Feeling re-invigorated so I'm pushing forward ahead, going to look at erasing more collections account before I try to apply for credit again.

Message 21 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Hi @Anonymous I thought I had posted to you but found it in my drafts.  Glad you're back and glad you're re-invigorated.  Good Luck handling the work ahead gaining traction.  At least but most importantly, out of all things you do, pace yourself, don't get discouraged, vent over here and post about your credit issues.  Hey, we've all been there, done that but it's just helpful to pass the time ( the great Credit Healer) as you take small steps, leaps, and any set backs you can share with your credit friends. You know, it keeps your batteries charged.  We all need that every now and then.

Be sure to post here to let us see your progress, see how it's going, and let us know if we can help in anyway.  That's what this challenge is all about.....continuing on.  Happy Holidays!!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

How's it going everyone?  Making any progress?

Can't wait to give the finger to 2020?  Let's all be sure to fireaway on the 31st...SALUTE! Smiley LOLSmiley Tongue

Hope you all have a Happy Holiday, staying warm, healthy and fuzzy all over.Heart

((((((Rock on Challengers!))))))

Message 23 of 38
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

So close to this year being in the rearview!! As far as progress, it's been almost a month since I've app'd 😂😂 Although I'm scared to see the effects of my new accts, I have to say I'm pleased with the year my credit has had. I've expanded nicely, obtained goal cards & kept debt low. I can't wait for 2021 to commence so I can watch my student loan lates age off!! 2021 will be no apps (only SP CLI's) and I need someone to keep me accountable!! I'm talking to you @GApeachy 😁

Happy holidays everyone!!

Message 24 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

I'm talking to you @GApeachy 😁

10-10 Listening in @Doodlebug30 Smiley Very Happy 

I leveled up, got a new spade at month 4- Dec. 21st, no app'ing shenanigans.

We Can Do It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Message 25 of 38
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Haha!! Thanks @GApeachy , that's a fancy spade u got there! 🤩 So shiny! Hopefully I'll be there soon too! Honestly I think I've app'd myself out bc I don't have a desire for more cards right now. So hopefully this is an easy gardening stint. 

Message 26 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

I don't have a desire for more cards right now. 

I'd still like to app for another 500 cards/store cards just for s&g's but I have a refinance/new loan in a few months so I'm minding my Ps & Qs.

Btw, that shiny spade I got I think I could have had two months ago, idk but I thought it started at 4 monthsSmiley LOL ,oh well.  Helps to read the instructions "first" sometimes.

Pour a little water on your seedling, it'll take root while those sl lates compost.  Happy Holidays @Doodlebug30 

Message 27 of 38
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

😂😁🎅🎁⛄🎄

Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does gardening mean?

Message 29 of 38
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Gardening is just refraining from applying for any new credit. Or asking for increases that require a hard inquiries. 

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.