Did you mean: 

February 2019 - Check-in Thread

tag

Re: February 2019 - Check-in Thread

My goals for February include:

1. FIgure out how to get a cool siggy.

2. Purchase a sensible vehicle.

3. Refer back to 2.

4. Continue to monitor credit report. Hoping for another 15 pt bounce once new lines of credit are reported.

Successes

1. Pre-approv for mortgage

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 674
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current cards: Cap1 Secured $200; Cap1 Plat $3000; NFCU $7,800
Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insert "mind blown" here!!

So I started off this month with a 522 mortgage credit score with experian. I paid down my CC Uti which I knew was a big factor in my score being so low. Got up to 560 a couple days ago. I disputed a collection that is not actually in collections as I have been in contact with the OC, their automated system still pulls me up and the OC has NEVER informed me of the account being in collection. (I had to return some equipement and pay a balance of $47). So I disputed it on Experian. It came back deleted. My mortgage score shot up to 642! I was jaw dropped. Disputed with EQ and TU this morning. See what happens with those too. Hopefully the same thing cause that would put me right where I need to be already for my morgage scores and I still have UTI that will come down and another collection that will be paid. 

yay!

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

February 2019 - Check-in Thread
Just starting. I'm a newb. My credit currently sucks:
EQ: 579, TU: 588 and EX: 624

Target goal is 700 across the board by end of 2019! Is this feasible? Anyone else improve this rapidly?

Yes I went from 490 -515 FICO last February to 715 last month when I had 5 percent credit utilization, this month 695 at 29 percent.
Only get credit you need and pay bills on time. And when it does jump don't bite on the first offers you get.
Good luck
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't be shy to criticize me please. Am I naive to think by July I can receive a 2nd disco it w/ 0 Apr offers, Citi double cash, us bank, boa etc..(good cards) also I obviously am looking for a high SL. I did graduate with disco at 8 months 200 deposit turned into-2000 limit. Should I go with them will be one year by June.. again let me know if I'm reaching but with 700 ficos 2 years oldest account and aaoa will be about a year when I app plus utilization will be down Wich gains me about 20 points
Please and thank you
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodbye February 2019. Don't come back! 😬
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.