Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2020 Check-In Thread

tag
Dreams_Come_True
Regular Contributor

Re: February 2020 Check-In Thread

Hello Everyone !!!

Thank you all for sharing your expertise and wise advice as well as for the constant motivation. It has been a great help!

I decided to get aboard the credit repair train back in September 2018 when i realized that I had no credit activity other than closed accounts, charge-offs and collections.

I started cleaning my credit file by offering PFD, disputing incorrect information and removing bad AU accounts. After that I opened 3 secured credit cards, Capital One, Citi and ECCU (Still secured Smiley Sad).  I also obtained the Sam's Club store card, which was opened without my consent. I asked for a membership and the CSR pulled by credit and opened the account. I decided to keep it since the damage was already done. It was the best thing I did because it currently has the highest limit.

After 6 months of PIF my credit cards religiously my credit score increased by 150 points and was able to buy a house and a vehicle. Now I'm focused on dealing with my last derog, letting my trade lines mature and waiting for the inquires to fall off so I can apply for other credit cards.

I'll resist the app-itch temptation Smiley LOL!

Message 21 of 30
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Way to go, Dreams! You are an inspiration. Wish I could give more than one kudo.

Message 22 of 30
janderson126
Contributor

Just signed up here so I would say that is a good first step I am enjoying the site so far and looking forward to commenting more and seeing other post and I am hoping that I can keep improving my credit score. At this time I am waiting for some updated reports they will be available in 13 days I will reply more than with some details when I have them. 

In the meantime, I am wanting you all to know that I am always up to feedback. 

AMEX Delta Gold | Travel | 5k | 12/19
AMEX Delta Plat | 7k | 4/21
Navy Rewards | Gas | 18k | 06/20
Capone Savor | Entertainment | 3.5k | 1/20
Cap one | 6.5k | 1/10
Cap one Walmart | 2k| 10/17
PayPal Master Card | 2% Everyday Spend | 15k | 6/20
Venmo | 12K | 01/2024

Message 23 of 30
janderson126
Contributor

May I ask when you say you deleted a few pages off your tracking what do you mean by that? 

Cap one | 6.5k | 1/10
Venmo | 12K | 01/2024

Message 24 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@janderson126 wrote:

Just signed up here so I would say that is a good first step I am enjoying the site so far and looking forward to commenting more and seeing other post and I am hoping that I can keep improving my credit score. At this time I am waiting for some updated reports they will be available in 13 days I will reply more than with some details when I have them. 

In the meantime, I am wanting you all to know that I am always up to feedback. 

This might be a little complex, but a good place to read and learn about scoring.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/bd-p/ficoscoring

This is a good place to start for topics of discussion.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/

Message 25 of 30
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

I let some balances hit so my 0% credit useage jumped up to 1% and my F8 went from 790 to 805...

Ahhhhhhhm, that feels much better.

AND AND AND

I got some Target and BOA love uppoing my overall credit lines by 2k!

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 26 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Lucifer  I've edited title of your post back to the original. Please do not change it. Thank you

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have only one baddie on my Experian and Transunion accounts. My Equifax is clean.

My score was around lower 500s back in 2018 and now they are (Fico 8) EX=698, TU = 692 and EX = 759 as of 2/28/2020.

My goal is to achieve 800 across the board by 2021. I have 1<% Utilization on my credit cards and i have auto loan from capital one which is currently at $13500 with 38months left. I also have student loan which is at $9050.

The baddie i have on experian and transunion is my oldest credit card (got in 2013) being charged-off (its fully paid 2015) and has one late payment on it. 

Message 28 of 30
Dreams_Come_True
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Message 29 of 30
janderson126
Contributor

Cool and welcome to the page as well 

I hope that your score keeps improving I like how you said that you're always open to feedback I am the same way If It was not for feedback and understanding what I know now I would not be here. 

I wanted to ask what credit report program are you on are you monthly or every 3 months I am thinking about upgrading and not sure yet. 

Cap one | 6.5k | 1/10
Venmo | 12K | 01/2024

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.