Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2021 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: February 2021 Check-In Thread

Hi all! I completely forgot to check in on time.

Small updates on my end:

Start: EQ8 584 TU8 605 EX8 613

Current: EQ8 584 TU8 616 EX8 629

My current plan is to continue to pay down all my cards to zero and then take stock to see what my next steps need to be.

I'm still learning about the reporting process, but I did see where EQ is the only CRA reporting three health bill derogs ($300, $100, $25 respectively), but I haven't been able to find any contact information for a creditor and I've never seen them before. So far the forums haven't yielded much info. There is one other derog on all three reports for $341 (cable equipment) that I hope to have paid by the end of the month. 

According to others in the forums my original goal to raise my scores to 640 wasn't lofty enough lol. 

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only because you're almost there, LOL! One or two of those collections paid and removed...bam! 640+. I believe 700 is a good goal for overall approval odds, but I also understand setting smaller goals, meeting them and revisiting them. Keep doing what you do and best of luck!

Message 12 of 34
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

What do you all do when your "credit bored"? Lol I get this alot. It's a sickness. Gardening is hard!

Good Morning @Doodlebug30 

Yes, Gardening is not for the weak. To answer your ?......For me, I fail.Smiley Frustrated  Went what seemed like an eternity not app'ing to just blowing 6 months of good behavior yesterday.  Oh goodness, it is a sickness (for me anyway).  Be strong my friend, you will get there.  I'm joining you again in the Garden until next month (refi) and then back to the Garden to dump some compost. Smiley Very Happy  Share a shaded spot plz.Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 13 of 34
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Good morning @GApeachy ! 

Get anything good!? Lol Yeah I'm not even at 3 months yet 😂 I'm trying so hard to be good! I know I have to if I want good stuff later!! Have to let some accts age... Theres def a shaded spot right here for ya!!

Message 14 of 34
Mizqtpye
Valued Member

Not starting out February Goals that well...all my scores dropped (Experian 13 points, Transunion 1, Equifax 10) because I left $2 dollars on my Discover card thinking that would post as under the $5 dollars I left last month.  But unfortunately, I didn't know that Discover chalks $2 dollars up to the game ... dang it...messed my AZEO game up Smiley Frustrated.  Now I gotta wait til next month to see if I rebound when I get back on track.  Another thing I did was dispute my student loan accounts on my Experian report which are still showing as closed and IIB, rather than reporting as current and open.  I don't know how this will affect my EX report overall but hopefully won't do more harm than good.  I figured I rather it update now and rebound if need be, than later this year when I have to try to get a car (when my lease ends).  

But, on the bright side, my NFCU Secured graduated today from $500 to $2000, so I'm happy about that.  I was hoping my Discover would graduate too, but it did not, maybe next month. 

Onward and upward to you all!  

Starting FICO 8: 6/2020: EX 546 - TU 507 - EQ 596
Current FICO 8: 11/2022: EX 695 - TU 676 - EQ 680
2021 Goal Score: EX 690 - TU 690 - EQ 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 34
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Mizqtpye wrote:

But, on the bright side, my NFCU Secured graduated today from $500 to $2000, so I'm happy about that. 

Awesome, congrats big time!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still just sitting out my poor behavior from years back. I haven't missed a payment in almost 5 years but I missed a bunch of mortgage payments and they are still dragging me down. When I started I was in the low 500's and now I'm in the mid to high 600's, but those mortgage payments are assuring I don't get any higher. 

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Still just sitting out my poor behavior from years back. I haven't missed a payment in almost 5 years but I missed a bunch of mortgage payments and they are still dragging me down. When I started I was in the low 500's and now I'm in the mid to high 600's, but those mortgage payments are assuring I don't get any higher. 

Yeah, patience when the score grows slowly is a challenge ... and as you know it can be a frustration to wait. For me it took eight years to get into the 700's. Did not have access to this Forum (didn't know about it) or posters who had insight with credit so just stumbled along. Hang in there as the effects of our past actions start to soften with age. Good luck on your waiting it out! Look around the Forum and see if there just might not be a hint on the "how too's" for what you need?! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 34
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

I think I missed January lol. It was pretty uneventful though. I am still diligently working on my student loan debt. I was happy to see the 0% extension for federal loans in January. I have continued with monthly lump sum payments. It is helping me tremendously to pay down faster. I will put as much as I can towards that before the 0% expiration in September. That's about it my way.

I hope everyone is having success on their individual goals and that 2021 proves to be a much better year than 2020 (just saying 2020 makes me cringe). But on a good note I did manage to reach all my 2020 goals for that year by paying off my car loan, credit card debt, a personal loan and some on student loans. In that aspect the year wasn't all bad.

Happy February all!!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:

1000x700-february.jpg

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

February is going pretty cool! My bankruptcy finally fell off my TU report but my score only increased by 5 points!😒 

But as it stands, all scores have increased, most balances have decreased, if not zeroed out so as long as I stay focused I'm okay!

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.