Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2021 Check-In Thread

tag
BrooklynDrip
Contributor

Re: February 2021 Check-In Thread

Hello all, So my scores took a bit of a dip because my utilization increased across my main four cards to about 25% of my credit overall.

I’m still on track to get one paid down to zero by the first week in March (CFU) and the other by April (AMEX CM). My third card, CFF will be my daily go to card and used exclusively for grocery shopping so that I can earn the 5x CB. Currently, my largest balance remains on Discover It! The CUR on that is 55%

So I’ll be on track for AZE2 by April. All of these cards are still in the 0% APR promotional period, so I’m able to carry a balance with out interest. In a few days, I should be able to call Amex for my 3x 61 day increase on CM🤞🏻. Wish me luck.

Two positives: I called to get another increase in my Macy’s store card, my new CL is $4,000, doubled from last month 👍🏽. I’ll call again next month for my next increase.

And I got approved for my first business credit card, AMEX Blue Business Cash with a $2000 CL. This card will be used for anything pertaining for securing my real estate license.

I’ll continue to garden my cards and resist temptation to apply for any new CC🤦🏽‍♀️ I keep getting these preselected offers every other day in the mail. But I’m staying strong.

1st Garden: Started January 2021
2nd Garden: Sept 2021 I’m returning to the garden - Doing a minimum of a year until 10/22 which will be 12 months post my newest 2 HPs

Scores as of 7.27.21
Experian: 760 Transunion: 732 Equifax: 741
Current Cards:
Macy’s Store:
$15000 - CLI $100>$2K>$4K>$8>$13K w P.C. to Amex >$15k
Care Credit: $1800 (Sock drawer)
Discover It: $4500
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $1000 (sock drawer)
AMEX Cash Magnet: $3000
Chase Freedom Flex: $1000
Amex Blue Business Cash: $2000
FNBO Evergreen Rewards Signature Visa Card: $10,000
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $9,000

Wishlist Cards:
AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant || AMEX Platinum || AMEX Blue Cash Preferred || Wells Fargo Propel American Express || U.S.Bank Altitude Go || Chase Sapphire Preferred || Citibank Double Cash

https://m.imgur.com/7eJQLoF?r

https://m.imgur.com/5QX7J6E?r
Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrooklynDrip It seems you are on it! You know what has to be done in the "game" of credit. From my seat, it is a game!

Keep working the system and you will get the utilization down. Floating around on the Forum is a number of 8.9% as the ideal max for reference. Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 34
BrooklynDrip
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@BrooklynDripIt seems you are on it! You know what has to be done in the "game" of credit. From my seat, it is a game!

Keep working the system and you will get the utilization down. Floating around on the Forum is a number of 8.9% as the ideal max for reference. Smiley Happy
Oh yes, I completely learned that credit is game and refer to it as such! Now that I know the rules, I feel empowered and more in control.

1st Garden: Started January 2021
2nd Garden: Sept 2021 I’m returning to the garden - Doing a minimum of a year until 10/22 which will be 12 months post my newest 2 HPs

Scores as of 7.27.21
Experian: 760 Transunion: 732 Equifax: 741
Current Cards:
Macy’s Store:
$15000 - CLI $100>$2K>$4K>$8>$13K w P.C. to Amex >$15k
Care Credit: $1800 (Sock drawer)
Discover It: $4500
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $1000 (sock drawer)
AMEX Cash Magnet: $3000
Chase Freedom Flex: $1000
Amex Blue Business Cash: $2000
FNBO Evergreen Rewards Signature Visa Card: $10,000
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $9,000

Wishlist Cards:
AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant || AMEX Platinum || AMEX Blue Cash Preferred || Wells Fargo Propel American Express || U.S.Bank Altitude Go || Chase Sapphire Preferred || Citibank Double Cash

https://m.imgur.com/7eJQLoF?r

https://m.imgur.com/5QX7J6E?r
Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Up 10 points from 1/25/21 - 2/25/21 (638 -> 648). Only changes: another month of on-time payments and started practicing AZEO. I also just paid my second and final charge-off, so we'll see if I get a bump from that. (Experian appears to be counting that balance against my available credit, so, maybe!) I may apply for the Discover secured card soon... I'd prefer to have a non-secured card, hate tying up cash that way, but the only offers I've been getting are from banks that charge a really high annual fee. (Read: Credit One.) I'm wondering if this C/O going to PIF might allow me to get a higher quality non-secured card - does anyone have any experience with this? 

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.