Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February Check in thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: February Check in thread

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.  I just joined today so I wanted to post my status for the month.

This month my goals are to:

* contribute to savings each week

* contribute to IRA each week

* pay Target balance in full

* pay $150 on credit card (my balance is very high right now)

* pay on 2 medical bills (it will be a while before they are paid in full)

I have to stay focused and dedicated this month.  It's really hard with 5 kids something always comes up & and sidetracks what I had planned.  I'm going to work extra hard to start this month off right!!

Good luck!!!

Message 21 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Checking in for February.  I was able to bring down my CC debt to just a little over $7K on one card.  Since my utilization is still over 50%, I'm still getting dinged on that.  I decided to go ahead and transfer $3500 of it to another CC.  Now I will have 2 cards with balances but because of the balance transfer, I'm hoping to save some money on the interest.  Both cards will now be under 25% utilization so it will be interesting to see if any of my scores will tick up.  I still have 1 late payment showing on all bureaus that happened almost 6 years ago on a closed account.  I was in their chat room to see if I could get them to send a "goodwill" letter to remove this late payment but was informed that this was a final and closed reason and cannot be changed.  I might still go ahead and send a letter to them anyway.  Not sure if this will help or not.  The chat room lady did say she was sending in a dispute on my behalf to the agencies but not sure if this will help.  

My starting score shows what I had when I first signed up with MyFICO.  My starting scores were in the upper 600's according to Credit Karma as well as mortgage lender hard-inquiry pull a year ago to look into re-financing my house.  Because it was below 700, I decided not to re-finance.  I would work on paying off my CC debt instead.  I have reduced it from a high of $22K to now $7K.  I'm hoping to have it all paid down by May 2015.  I'll keep posting my check-in's and status.  Good Luck to everyone on their 2015 goals. 

Thank you!! Good luck to you!! You have done an AWESOME job paying off $15K in debt. Keep up the good work!!!

Message 22 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all! 

2015 Goals:

• Increase ALL FICO scores to 800. I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish this goal because some CLI increases require a HP. Any suggestions?
  • Increase CLs across all credit cards. BOA increased my CL from 3K to 6K. This is a HUGE accomplishment because my opening CL was $800. Account was opened Aug 2014.
  • Reduce my credit card balance and utilization below 15%. I now have one credit card with a balance, Citibank Simplicity, and I reduced the balance by $625 in January.
  • Reduce my student loan debt by 50%. I reduced my SL balance by $400 in January.
  • Reduce interest rates on ALL credits cards.
  • Continue to use my credit responsibly. In January, I PIF my American Express BCE, BOA Cash Rewards, Chase Slate, and PayPal credit cards.

I am a grateful to have a place to converse with like minded people.

Message 23 of 76
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Morning GCrs.  I feel like a prospector.  I be smelling the silver & I'm getting close (ha, ha).

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 76
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

I want to do the fitness challenge, but do not see the option in my personal info page?

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 25 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am digging myself out of the 500's finally! It was a long hard road. Any other suggestions how to get out of the 600's?

Message 26 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just paid both my cards off EQ jumped from 601 to 621 so far. I want 700 badly because I want to purchase a new home.
Message 27 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progress!!!  This is getting addictive, lol!

I received several myFICO alerts today... EQ went up 22 points and EX went up 31 points!  Still waiting on TU, hopefully that will happen in the next few days Smiley Happy

Started 2015 at 98% UTI on my 2 cards.  Paid down a decent chunk in January and got a Cap1 QS1 card.  The new card and lower balances just reported, overall UTI is now around 80%.  I honestly was just hoping for maybe a 10-15 point jump.  I am absolutely stunned!!!  

Have GW letters ready to go out to BoA in an attempt to get the entire TL removed.  Last payment is set up.

An auto loan with a non-stupid rate seems so much closer now.  Just gotta keep plugging away and hope my car will make it a few more weeks.

Best wishes to everybody Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled reports, currently trying to get off a black mark from 2009 of an account includ. in my Ch. 7 but was still listed as accounts in collections. Following up late next week to make sure it was addressed and removed. 

Managed to pay off my only credit card (Capital One CL $2k), keeping it at under 5% usage is the big goal for the upcoming year. 

Considering applying to my credit union for a card as I know I'll get the approval and could really use another card reporting. I'm going to wait until after the 18th when my capital one card reports to see how that affects my score. Scared of what a new account and a hard pull from my credit union is going to do to my score. Thoughts?

Paid off a longer term installment note in January, pretty sure it's already reported though as I saw a drop from what was likely its closure. 

Trying hard to get to 640 and the sooner the better, there is a USDA mortgage loan waiting for me and a couple houses in the area that would fit our family perfectly and get us out of paying an arm and leg for rent in this high cost of living area. My wife is hoping by the end of the summer as she is moving to homeschooling next year. I'm hoping sooner than that but we will see.... 

Message 29 of 76
ndmdl3
Established Member

February. I don't feel like I have made much progress. My scores haven't had much movement and remain in the average range of 523. I have several goals that I want to make which include reducing my cc utilization, trading in my car, and getting a mortgage loan against my house. I have about $6500 in debt which does not include my current car loan or my student loans. I am not sure if I should pay off the debt with money I am going to get in about 2 months or if I should use the money to trade in a new car or use that money to fix up my house. I think I should pay off debt in order to reduce my cc utilization and thus increase my scores. It has been a struggle.

Starting Score: 505
Current Score: 525
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.