Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February Check in thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: February Check in thread

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time checking in since I started the 15th of last month. I'm very surprised that my scores jumped as high as they did. I initally started checking my scores to get a mortgage. My goal was to get a 725 across the board within a year. From what they jumped I'm changing it to a 800 across the board.

Within a month my scores jumped 110 -125 points.

Starting EQ 613 / TU 677/ EX 643

Current EQ 732 / TU 802/ EX 753

Message 51 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015 post

Message 52 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

another 9 points on my TU!

Message 53 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU up 11

EQ up 4 more

all 3 CRA now reflect the 2 added store accounts. Waiting on Cap1 to report balance for the month.

Message 54 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time checking in since I started the 15th of last month. I'm very surprised that my scores jumped as high as they did. I initally started checking my scores to get a mortgage. My goal was to get a 725 across the board within a year. From what they jumped I'm changing it to a 800 across the board.

Within a month my scores jumped 110 -125 points.

Starting EQ 613 / TU 677/ EX 643

Current EQ 732 / TU 802/ EX 753

Wow that's nice! Congrats!!!

Message 55 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for February. My goal is to continue to garden and pay down utilization on my current cards

Message 56 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, just starting the challenge.

EQ 630 - TU 660 - EX 657

Current Accounts;
Mortgage - Opened 12/14 - pays, never late - $63115/64000
C1 QS - Opened 1/11 - pays never late - $288/500
BoA 123 - Opened 2/13 - pays, never late - $736/1000
C1 QS(2) - Opened 1/15 - not reported yet - $0/1000
Barclay - Opened 1/15 - pays, never late - $36/1000
ComBk/VS - Opened 2/15 - just reported, charge acc - $0/500
AU on DW C1 - Opened 12/14 - pays, never late - $28/300
Notes: C1 QS CLI to 3500, AU CLI to 800. Usually PIF each month or the majority of. Updates to CR soon should reflect QS 226/3500, BoA 15/1000. Data pulled from EQ.
2 pd collections ($85, $60) on EQ and EX. 0 on TU.
Paid CO in 12/14 from 2011 on all 3. Unpaid CO from 2011 ($800) on EQ. Both were finance loans.
1 30d, 60d late in 2011 from a PL in 2011 on all 3 CR.

Goals are;
1) Get all FICOs to 720+
2) Get into AMEX - site pre-approves me for the 50k pts SRG (or something close to that, all the letters have me mixed right now). Don't really want the charge but want credit so I'll apply for this to get it plus it has nice sign up bonus. Since its same HP I'll apply for a credit too. If approved for credit too I'll cancel or look over options on the SRG in 9-11 months and if not approved for credit apply again in 9-11 months before canceling. Thinking of applying at end of month when accounts updates.
3) Get the C1 Venture card as soon as I'm prequalified on their site for it due to high starting CL. Since I don't travel often have it PCd in 7-11 months after I get it.
4) Get the Sallie Mae CC. Might take a year to let the 3-5 new accounts age.
6) Keep paying extra on my $514 mortgage payment to save on interest. Possible refinancing in 2016-17.
7) Stay out of debt by only spending what I can PIF each month. 1k max rollover.

Thanks for letting me share. Any thoughts or advice welcomed.

Message 57 of 76
clumsymoon
Valued Member

Paid off one of my very small credit cards this month. I hardly ever used it but it still feels like a tiny victory. I have another card that should be paid off in May which is actually a reserves line through USBank. I've had a balance on it since I opened it and it will be nice to not have to worry about it anymore. DH and I have a total of 14 credit cards (including a private student loan and my car loan), and our goal this year is to pay off eight of them. One down, seven to go!

*also, one of my credit cards offered me a free FICO score with every statement. So, my current score is from them and not a FAKO. Pretty excited to see the jump.

Starting Score: 641
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 730

Message 58 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and my imediate goals. I am married with 4 kids and my wife and I are trying to get oursleves in posistion to buy our first home within a year (hopefully). We have both struggled with poor credit but are on a gradual upswing. I don't currently have all our scores but I am roughly around a 590 and my wife areound 600. Our goal before we apply for a mortgage is to be around a 650 or so but higher if things go smoothly.

Any info or helpful insight would be appreciated.

Message 59 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

wints76 -

Just from my experience, I would first take a look at your credit report and see if there are any mistakes.  Work on correcting and resolving those mistakes will help.  One of the biggest hits to your FICO is payment history.  If you had any late payments, try to resolve those through goodwill letters or disputing the late payments if they are in fact not correct.  If you have any collection notices that have been added and resolved, get a letter from your creditor saying that the account has been paid in full.  Next biggest thing is credit utilization.  You should keep all credit balances on each card less than 30% and your total utilization less than 30% to begin with.   Try to pay off your highest interest rate credit card first and then work your way down.  Always pay double than what is due.   Once one CC is paid off, take what you were paying and add it to your next highest CC.  Make a budget.  Put everything down what your expenses are and see what you can eliminate.   All of this is just my 2 cents worth.  Good Luck.

Message 60 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.